Think i was scammed, need help urgent. Please!

cri9cri6
Contributor
Contributor

hello,

i would greatly appreciate if someone can help me. yesterday 05/12/2020 i sent a payment request to a buyer. Soon after a confirmation e-mail from paypal arrived saying the buyer sent the payment, then a further e-mail arrived telling me that my payment is being withheld by paypal until i reply to that e-mail with a scanned copy of the tracking number receipt. So, i shipped the item (laptop worth 2000+ $ AUD) sent the copy.

then i got another e-mail stating my payment was confirmed and it will take 3-4 days to arrive. as of now im very suspicious and panicking i may have fallen for a scam and lost 2000+$.

is there anyone at paypal that help me confirm this is all true? the item is on rout to the destination at the moment, i'm kinda panicking.  

P.s i have record of all transactions if that helps

thanks in advance,

C.F.

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

karanparmar0001
Contributor
Contributor
If you got than it's good but I tell you my all documents are gone for review and they told they will do it in 5 days but it is more than one week . Don't worry they ( PayPal ) is working really slow right now you will get your money
Login to Me Too

cri9cri6
Contributor
Contributor

thank for the reply, that's reassuring. it's just so weird because the buyer now has my laptop and im sitting at home hoping to get paid. if anyone would like to add more info ill be happy to hear about it.

Login to Me Too

karanparmar0001
Contributor
Contributor
I have an idea I tried this and got results within 2 to 3 days At the end of the dashboard ( summary ) page the is a option telling to send feedback so what you have to do is to just send your problem there and tell them how much time is gone and please don't send money information or any of your other personal information , do this where you if the section of sending feedback and rate 1 star only not even 2 star my issue just got solved today
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@cri9cri6 

SCAM.

They encourage you to accept a 'direct' Paypal payment and may ask you to send the item internationally.
No funds or activity of the transaction shows in your Paypal account and any emails 'may' go into your junk/spam folders.

You will get/got a "fake" email that looks as though it is from paypal.....it isn't because they don't actually have a Paypal account and have no intention of paying you.
It will say the buyer has paid ...you won't have been paid.
They will tell you that the payment is released when you provide paypal with a tracking/shipping number......this won't happen.

Paypal NEVER tell you to send an item before the payment is showing in your paypal account.
Paypal do not tell you to send trackable, they advise it for selling protection but it is not compulsory.

@karanparmar0001 

Its a SCAM.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

cri9cri6
Contributor
Contributor

Thank for the response, the item was asked to be sent nationally (QLD).

I asked the buyer to send me proof of payment and they forwarded me an e-mail of the receipt from paypal, now i don't if this is still fake. 

I'm going to ask paypal for help, but i don't know what to do next. i'm most likely never getting my laptop back am I?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.