The shutdown impact of Domestic Payment services in India

kaushik2018
Contributor
Contributor

Hello PayPal Community, though I am new here,  I have been following the forums for months that are posted here. Ever since I have heard the news that PayPal is finally shutting down its domestic payment services in India starting from April 1 this year. I am little confused about this breaking news. I am used to get my payments from PayPal directly to my Indian Bank account. Now after the implementation of new company policy , shall I be able to get my payment directly to my Indian bank account ? Could you please help me understand whether it's  shutting down transferring funds to Indian bank or not ?

Thank You.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@kaushik2018 

FROM A PAYPAL MESSAGE TO ANOTHER POSTER.

Firstly, we would like to assure you that you can continue to use PayPal to send and receive international payments. However, effective 1 April 2021, PayPal will no longer offer domestic payment services in India. As a result of this, you will not be able to receive INR payments from other PayPal Payments Private Limited users. As stated above, this has no impact on PayPal’s international services, and you can continue to send and receive international payments in line with our User Agreement.

India is an important market for PayPal, and we will continue to invest in product development here that enables Indian businesses to increase their sales internationally. In light of the current market conditions, we believe PayPal can have the greatest impact in helping to revive Indian businesses by focusing all our attention on enabling international payments.

This change to your PayPal account will be implemented automatically and no action is required from you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@kaushik2018 

FROM A PAYPAL MESSAGE TO ANOTHER POSTER.

Firstly, we would like to assure you that you can continue to use PayPal to send and receive international payments. However, effective 1 April 2021, PayPal will no longer offer domestic payment services in India. As a result of this, you will not be able to receive INR payments from other PayPal Payments Private Limited users. As stated above, this has no impact on PayPal’s international services, and you can continue to send and receive international payments in line with our User Agreement.

India is an important market for PayPal, and we will continue to invest in product development here that enables Indian businesses to increase their sales internationally. In light of the current market conditions, we believe PayPal can have the greatest impact in helping to revive Indian businesses by focusing all our attention on enabling international payments.

This change to your PayPal account will be implemented automatically and no action is required from you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

kaushik2018
Contributor
Contributor

Hello kernowlass, thank You very much for the detailed explanation on the  topic. Much appreciated for clearing my doubts.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.