The service is broken and PayPal don't seem to be aware of it.......

pdhywrd
Contributor
Contributor

Since Christmas Eve I have tried, about 30 times, to make a transaction on eBay using PayPal. Every time I am getting the same error message once I have completed confirming my identity. I have been in touch with PayPal CS  5 times trying to resolve this issue and I have tried everything I can do (i.e different browsers, different devices, clearing cache, disabling add-ons, changing passwords, resetting everything etc).

I have just called them again and discovered that none of my attempts to make purchases (apart from one that I paid for on my debit card & that has shown up as being for $1.99 rather than £1.99) are showing on my file. Someone else has mentioned that the problem could be that payments are being shown in USD rather than GBP but I think the issue is more than that as I have bought items in USD before and, although the main purchase I am trying to make is via my PayPal Credit account, I am getting the same error message when trying to make purchases through my usual PayPal account.

I definitely think that the fact that these purchase attempts aren't showing up is a major part of the problem as PayPal is unaware that there is a problem if they are just checking customers activity as it will just not show anything. 

It would be interesting to know if this is a problem everywhere or just limited to the UK.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.