The complain of refunding arrangement

FaiWong
New Community Member
To whom it may concern I have to say that the experience of using PayPal this time was extremely disappointed I bought goods via PayPal to settle the payment. Unfortunately, there was shortage of the goods and they refund my money via PayPal. However, it was very frustrating as it was not the full purchase price. The refund was only HK$12074.82 but I have already paid HK$12659.74 . I have no choice but to receive the refund from my VISA card. Moreover, I wonder why the conversion option was defaulted. These caused me a great deal of unneeded stress and panic I do wish to get back the difference without any extra charge and a complete explanation of the conversion.
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@FaiWong 

If the refund was not made on the same day it was sent, a different currency exchange/conversion fee may apply.

See (PayPal Policy update: Effective date: 23 September 2019): 

https://www.paypal.com/hk/webapps/mpp/ua/archive-policies-full?locale.x=en_HK

And, for certain countries the refund fee is not refundable back to the seller by PayPal and has to come out of the seller's pocket, it is possible that the seller deducted the PayPal fee too but since it is their fault that the order is canceled due to item not available, it wouldn't be ethical for the seller to be deducting it if they did.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.