Target.com payment doesn't go thru using PayPal

RYama
Contributor
Contributor

I am trying to use PayPal payment order in Target.com to buy gift card. I am having trouble getting this processed. There are options to use credit card or to use PayPal in Target.com, and I do jump to PayPal's website for verification. As soon as verification is complete, it routes me back to Target.com. Problem is that it goes back to credit card or PayPal selection, and can not pay (can not hit "confirm order"). Is anyone having same problem? Is this Target's issue or PayPal's issue? Chase card is currently running 5% reward on PayPal purchase plus Target is offering 10% discount on gift card purchase yesterday and today. That's why I want to buy gift card in Target.com to get this promotion. Please help if someone knows how to fix this.

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

ravitejapassion
New Community Member

Me too - I tried different browsers but no luck

Login to Me Too

mmich2020
Contributor
Contributor

I was having the same problem, multiple browsers didn't work and Target's customer service chat was no help either. The card I was trying to pay with on Target through PayPal was linked through Chase Pay. I removed that, manually entered the card info into my Paypal account and then (for some reason) the order went through.  Hope this helps!

Login to Me Too

myrajh
New Community Member

My Amex wouldn't go through when it was added to PayPal via quick link, had to manually add it to get the payment to go through. Thanks to the person who mentioned this about Chase!

Login to Me Too

jkl2020
New Community Member

I had the same problem. Eventually, I noticed there was an error message on the browser logs as my ZIP code from Paypal was not accepted by Target.

It turns out my ZIP code was stored in PayPal as 123451234 instead of 12345-1234. I changed it to 12345 and I was able to finally place my order!

Login to Me Too

Scotty101
Contributor
Contributor
This was exactly what was wrong for me too. I had to delete my card from PayPal and add it again. I selected a billing address with only 5 digits and it worked.
Login to Me Too

KaitenK
New Community Member

Manually setting the address associated with card in Paypal using a 5-digit zip code worked for me as well.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.