Taking credit card while in Spain

lentz302
Contributor
Contributor

I will be selling my jewelry at a three day show in Barcelona Spain. I live in the US. So far I have not been able to find out if I can take payment while in Spain. So far, the answer seems to be no.  I am asking the people who run the show, but, want to get the same answer from more than one person. I don't want to find out the hard way, when I am in Barcelona, what I can or not do. The jewelry will be a bit expensive, so I am not sure cash will be an option. I hope this is clear. I know that when I am here in the US, I can process payment from someone in Spain, but I don't want to try that, with a phone, there. The name of the show is Joya, and yes, I have asked them also, but no answer yet. 

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @lentz302.

I'm sorry that you haven't been able to receive an answer on this. Are you using PayPal Here to receive credit card payments? PayPal Here would not be able to be used internationally.

I am sorry for the inconvenience.

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

lentz302
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, I use PayPal here, is there another version of Pay Pal that CAN accept payments in Spain?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @lentz302,

PayPal Here is designed for in-person payments. Virtual Terminal would be for taking payments and entering them yourself. If you are interested in learning more about that, please call that number to inquire, and make sure you tell them what the plan is to make sure that it would suit your needs.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

lentz302
Contributor
Contributor

I will be in Barcelona, in person to take payments. So, from what you said, PayPal Here is to take payments in person, I will be, IN SPAIN, in Euros. Is PayPal Here only for transactions in the USA? 

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @lentz302,

That is correct. PayPal Here is for domestic use only.

Olivia

Login to Me Too

lentz302
Contributor
Contributor

This may be a bit late, but I finally found a solution, I installed PayPal business, and when I had a sale, I could email the customer a invoice, and they paid with euros. Instantly, no hassle. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.