Tagging (or sorting) transactions by source

C_17
Contributor
Contributor

Hello 

I run two seperate online e-commerce stores both of which pay into a single PayPal account. 

At the end of each month, I print a report of all of the transactions coming into the account. To help with our accounting, is there any way we can produce a report which differentiates between my two different sites, either as a single report or two individual reports. 

This would be a great help if anybody had any advice. 

Many thanks. 

Craig 

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

MTS_Andre

Hello, you could pass the variable "custom" in your payments, together with all the other variables, where the value would be like "Transaction from SHOP1" or "Transaction from the second SHOP" (for example) as then this variable will be visible in the reporting portal of your account (the report called STL). Here a link to the guide, the report I mentioned is the Settlement or STL: https://developer.paypal.com/docs/classic/products/reporting/#transactions

Login to Me Too

C_17
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for your help, I'll take a look at the guide you've suggested. Much appreciated. 

Login to Me Too

C_17
Contributor
Contributor

@MTS_Andre wrote:

Hello, you could pass the variable "custom" in your payments, together with all the other variables, where the value would be like "Transaction from SHOP1" or "Transaction from the second SHOP" (for example) as then this variable will be visible in the reporting portal of your account (the report called STL). Here a link to the guide, the report I mentioned is the Settlement or STL: https://developer.paypal.com/docs/classic/products/reporting/#transactions

Hello @MTS_Andre many thanks once again for your advice on this. 

I'm struggling to find where I can implement this on Shopify. Any ideas where I can add/edit these custom variables?

Also, on PayPal it says that I am not subscribed to any settlement reports. How do I sign up to receive these?

Many thanks. 

Craig 

Login to Me Too

MTS_Andre

Hi Craig, using a third party eCommerce like Shopify you need to check with them directly if they can help with the code as the variable I mentioned has to be passed in the PayPal API calls or in the standard HTML button code. I am not sure they have a way to manage it but it's worth a try.

For the reports you can follow this link to have more details. Some reports are already enabled while for others you need to check with Customer Service as can be enabled for large accounts only.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.