TXn IN PENDING REVIEW FOR SPECIAL DENY

elledeegee
Contributor
Contributor

I'm trying to buy something from a US store in Washington State (I'm in TX) from which I've bought from before.

All my other subscriptions and such have gone through Paypal just fine but this site suddenly is telling me I can't go through with the transaction.

I never had a problem before although it has  been a while since I bought from them.

I put the transaction through twice so I don't want to be charged twice if it decides to go through after all.

How do I kill on of these and get the other one to work?

Both have the same error and I'm getting frustrated.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Avi2020
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @elledeegee 

You can only cancel a pending payment that has a "Cancel" link next to it in your Activity.

Please review this FAQ for more details - https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/can-i-cancel-a-paypal-payment--faq637

If two charges went through, you’ll need to contact the recipient and request a refund.

Here’s how to request a refund.

1. On the Summary page locate your transaction or click Activity if the payment is older.
  2. Click the transaction to find your recipient's contact information.
  3. Send your recipient an email asking for a refund.

Thanks,

Avi

Login to Me Too

kimedgar
New Community Member

I am having the same issue, and the response given by the paypal employee was not helpful at all. Why is my transaction pending? What does TXN_IN_PENDING_REVIEW_FOR_SPECIAL_DENY mean? I contacted the seller and on their end, the transaction was cancelled, but on my end, its still pending, and all the money is out of my account. What is happening? This is an issue with paypal, not the seller. Why is my transaction pending and what does that status of compliance thing mean??

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.