Suss email

Nyella2
Contributor
Contributor

Hey guys I need some help I’m selling something on gumtree an she said she pay by PayPal but there’s nothing showing up in my PayPal app but I got a email from <removed>. Not the usual email address from PayPal. The Email says funds have been deducted from “buyers” account an will be credited to your PayPal account once I email shipment details. I can’t get hold off anyone from PayPal as it closed

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Nyella2
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you soooo much I was 90% sure it was fake but I haven’t done a transaction over 1k before an thought maybe that was why.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_paula

Hi @Nyella2

I really do hope my response reaches you in time.

When you receive a payment in to your PayPal account you will be able to see the payment on your account. Even if the payment is placed on hold for any reason you will be able to view it and see the payment on hold. I have removed the email address you shared as it is against our forum guidelines however I did review it before I removed it and I can confirm that this is not an email address that we use. Please do not ship out any item until you can see the funds on your PayPal account.

I hope this helps answer your questions and concerns, 

Paula

Login to Me Too
Solved

Nyella2
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you soooo much I was 90% sure it was fake but I haven’t done a transaction over 1k before an thought maybe that was why.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_paula

@Nyella2 you are very welcome. So glad I was able to help. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.