Suspicious emails.

Jameslund92
New Community Member

Hello everyone. Recently some buyers have bought my goods on eBay and instead of a notification from my actual PayPal email Address of an email detailing incoming funds / service receipt; I received an email to my eBay account beginning with hi <removed> (basically my eBay linked address not my paypal address). It said to claim these funds you need to follow the link (linked to PayPal.com and a padlock appears in the URL bar next to Site address for security) and then sign up for a PayPal business account by logging in. I’ve never had this before until This week and now it’s happened with three different buyers trying to buy the same 2 products. I am not an eBay shop I do not have a business I am just a private seller I don’t want to get scammed but I don’t know why this happening as usually I just get new funds in my PayPal when a buyer releases payment for an item they have won/purchased. After reviving the suspicious emails I checked my PayPal and there was NO activity no Pending payments or new incoming funds so I am highly Suspicious and I don’t know what to do. Can anyone help Me?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Jameslund92 

Next time you list an item for sale put the correct email in the payments section for payment and it should default to that one in future auctions.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Jameslund92 

Go to ebay and click on 'sell' put in anything (as you aren't going to actually list anything) until you get to the main page > scroll down near the bottom and where it says payment methods check the email address that is on that page, is there a spelling mistake or old one?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Jameslund92
New Community Member
Hi I did as instructed and it has changed to my eBay address - not my PayPal One. Is there anyway to change it back to my PayPal one so that It automatically uses that on all my Listings?
Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Jameslund92 

Next time you list an item for sale put the correct email in the payments section for payment and it should default to that one in future auctions.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.