Stimulus check

Teyyoncee12
Contributor
Contributor

Has anyone gotten there stimulus check deposited into their account??

Login to Me Too
2,382 REPLIES 2,382

DTrump
Contributor
Contributor

Great to hear that "My check was scheduled to deposit on the same day, in the same account, and appeared on schedule.."

That missing 2nd check: Paypal terms: "Please note that in order to assist in the prevention of fraud we require the following:

• In connection with tax refunds (i) the name and Social Security Number associated with each refund payment must match the name and social security number associated with your PayPal account;...."
Login to Me Too

DTrump
Contributor
Contributor

My Question: Does entering Savings instead of Checking matter on the tax form? 
Notified of pending payment but now I worry it will be returned to sender.  However in 'Questions about Government Stimulus Payments', PayPal only states:
"Simply set up Direct Deposit if you don’t have it already. Once you have your PayPal-assigned account number and routing number, submit it directly into the IRS website and you’re all set."
Notice that Checking or Savings is not mentioned.

Login to Me Too

Jenn1962
Contributor
Contributor
People are having problems because PayPal promoted the use of DD for stimulus, but has separate info for Direct Deposits. If you asked about Direct Deposits, the instructions tell you to check the box for Checking. If they kick it back to IRS give it 14 days and check the Get My Payment. That should tell you if you are getting a check instead. The checks are mailed out according to income. If your AGI is lower, you're supposed to get it sooner. If you make more money, then you'd wait longer. Good luck.
Login to Me Too

DTrump
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal Support says that "it shouldn't matter"  if mistakenly marked Savings instead of Checking.
That from the 2nd support person, the first knew less than I did.
The IRS only sends the payment to PayPal then PayPal decides if the IRS info matches the account, hopefully deposits it.
Good news my Direct Deposit arrived in PayPal Cash Plus account no problem at all.

Makes sense because PayPal set up the Direct Deposit "custodial account" in the first place, not me.  

Login to Me Too

Lolasquiggles
Contributor
Contributor
My PayPal cash card has a direct deposit the IRS informed me that it deposit into my stimulus check on May 20th. I have yet to see any money and I called Wells Fargo bank and Bank core Bank when I call PayPal nobody answer the phone. Where's the money is or who I call to find out about it.and like I said the IRS informed me that it was deposited into my PayPal account direct deposit I don't know how to find out where my money is
Login to Me Too

Theboss69
Contributor
Contributor
Customer Financial protection bureau
Login to Me Too

Brandonc81
Contributor
Contributor
My check says it was deposited on 5/20/20 an i haven t gotten anything dose anyone have an update on this
Login to Me Too

Theboss69
Contributor
Contributor
Consumer finance protection bureau
Login to Me Too

Slimelife33
New Community Member
Irs said it deposited it on may 28th and I still don't see it why please help
Login to Me Too

WAR4
New Community Member

I now have reason to not trust PayPal implicitly anymore and am now shopping for alternatives to PayPal.  I tried to cash my US Treasury Department issued stimulus check using the "cash a check" feature in the PayPal mobile app.  As I had never used the feature before I was prompted to enter my SS# twice and my phone number.  I am then prompted to take an image of the front and the back of the check.  After I have completed the tasks, and the image of my check have been uploaded, I am sent back to a screen that informs me that my identity cannot be established or some such **bleep**.  I am concerned and have been in touch with my congressman and have to send him the video I was doing for youtube on how easy and convenient PayPal is for it's account holders (Verified Business account for almost 20 years) to cash your stimulus check using PayPal mobile. Well PayPal lost me as a fanatical user and I won't be recommending it as I am concerned about my information or possibly even my whole stimulus check might wind up in the wrong hands. Customer Service is a disService if anything.  

here's the first exchange:

PayPal Virtual Agent4:42 PM
Hi! I'm your PayPal Assistant. I can help with common questions like "what's the status of my dispute" or "I want a refund".

If I can't help, I'll transfer your message to an agent.

Walter <removed> 4:47 PM
I attempted to cash the stimulus check thru the mobile app. After entering personal information to confirm that I am the account holder, I was prompted to take pictures (which you now have, and it makes me uncomforatable; so much so that I have contacted my local congress person and Senator about this.) of both sides of the check only to have the app tell me that it cannot verify my identity. I do not appreciate this or the fact that it is not easy to contact you. If I have issues cashing this check elsewhere because of your app, you will not hear the end of this. I have made a copy of this and expect that you rectify the error on your end. Thank you.

PayPal Virtual Agent4:47 PM
Thanks for your interest in Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) loans with PayPal.

The lender for the Paycheck Protection Program loan through PayPal is WebBank, Member FDIC.

Please choose an option below:

None of these

I found some articles in our Help Center that might help you. Check them out! If you need more help, please type “need more help".

Questions about government stimulus payments
What is the Cash a Check service in the PayPal app?
What is PayPal.Me?

talk to a human please

I can transfer this conversation to an agent. The estimated response time is a few hours.

Our customer service staffing is limited due to the coronavirus (covid-19) crisis. We've put together some useful information in the Help Center to quickly resolve your issue. I'll stay here while you take a look.

After I transfer the conversation, you can close the window and come back to it when it’s convenient for you. When we respond, we’ll send you a notification with a link to the Message Center where you can reply.

Would you like to transfer this conversation to an agent?

Walter <removed> 4:48 PM
Yes

PayPal Virtual Agent4:48 PM
Please send us a detailed message below and an agent will respond as soon as possible. If you have a related transaction ID, date, and amount, please include it here.

Walter <removed> 4:48 PM
I attempted to cash the stimulus check thru the mobile app. After entering personal information to confirm that I am the account holder, I was prompted to take pictures (which you now have, and it makes me uncomforatable; so much so that I have contacted my local congress person and Senator about this.) of both sides of the check only to have the app tell me that it cannot verify my identity. I do not appreciate this or the fact that it is not easy to contact you. If I have issues cashing this check elsewhere because of your app, you will not hear the end of this.

You are now connected to Anna <removed> 

Anna <removed> 4:49 PM
Welcome to PayPal chat. My name is Anna and I'll be helping you today.

Walter <removed> 4:49 PM
I attempted to cash the stimulus check thru the mobile app. After entering personal information to confirm that I am the account holder, I was prompted to take pictures (which you now have, and it makes me uncomforatable; so much so that I have contacted my local congress person and Senator about this.) of both sides of the check only to have the app tell me that it cannot verify my identity. I do not appreciate this or the fact that it is not easy to contact you. If I have issues cashing this check elsewhere because of your app, you will not hear the end of this.

I have had a business account for over a decade and now this?!?

Anna <removed> 4:51 PM
I am sorry for the inconvenience that it may have caused you. Kindly give me a minute or two to check your account please. Thank you.

Thank you for patiently waiting. I appreciate it!

For security purposes, may I have your first and last name?

Feel free to reply whenever you're ready and we'll reply as soon as we can.

Walter <removed> 4:55 PM

Walter <removed> 4:56 PM
Yes that is the account

You are now connected to Anna <removed> 

Anna <removed> 4:57 PM
Thank you for getting back to me, I'll be more than happy to continue our conversation

After I carefully review your PayPal account, please be advised that you haven't received the stimulus check from the IRS. To figure this out, I strongly suggest you contact them directly.

Walter <removed> 4:58 PM
I have the check in my hand!

Anna <removed> 4:59 PM
The PayPal-Ingo Cash a Check Service allows you to cash checks directly to your PayPal accounts with the PayPal app. The service lets you cash paychecks, business checks, personal checks—almost any type of check by simply sending us a picture of the check.

Get your money in minutes for a fee or select Funds in Days for free. Here’s how:

Click the PayPal balance tile.

Click Add Money.

Choose Cash a Check.

Click Get Started.

Type the amount listed on the check

Take a photo of the front and back of your check.

Choose to receive funds in minutes or receive your funds within 10 days, for free.

Click I Agree.

Click Done.

TIP: Once the Cash a Check service has been initiated, it'll expire after one hour if no action is taken. Once it expires, you'll have to restart the Cash a Check process following the steps above.

For a limited time, PayPal will be waiving the fee to cash Economic Impact Payments, tax refunds, and printed payroll checks, up to $5,000. The following types of checks are excluded from this offer:
Personal or 3rd party checks

Government checks from 3rd party tax filing providers (ex: H Block, Intuit)

Walter <removed> 5:00 PM
This was my initial message. I had even video recorded the procedure because I wanted to prove PayPal is a good platform for online business but I guess now it's gonna be a video about your failure to do one simple thing that you advertised.

This is a stimulus check from the government.

!

Looks like that video and this conversation is going up on youtube

Thanks for nothing Anna!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.