Stimulus check

Teyyoncee12
Contributor
Contributor

Has anyone gotten there stimulus check deposited into their account??

Login to Me Too
2,382 REPLIES 2,382

nakitta
Contributor
Contributor

If anyone is behind on child support their checks get taken to cover their kids.

Login to Me Too

AdamBarbarian
Contributor
Contributor
This is life support, not a money grab. Wells Fargo stated on their press release there would be no creditors absconding with the money from accounts.
Login to Me Too

biggjoej2003
Contributor
Contributor
There is nothing Wells Fargo or pay pal can do to stop the Treasury department from coming in and taking a rears in child support from your account. The Treasury department has every ability to remove funds or even freeze your account until the arrears are paid. If your state has filed collections with the Treasury department in any capacity it will be flagged that's why any time you file taxes and you have a refund it comes from the Treasury department and they already have notification from collections from your state to withhold that money... this is no different
Login to Me Too

AdamBarbarian
Contributor
Contributor
Wrong Wells Fargo specifically is not cooperating with creditors as well as many other banks. This includes state child support arrears. This is not a federal payoff of peoples child support, this is a life preserver for the 75% of Americans unable to work because of a nationwide shutdown. Welfare of the people, not welfare for the states.
Login to Me Too

AdamBarbarian
Contributor
Contributor
Not from Wells Fargo PayPals bank. This is not a money grab for states to confiscate funds from 49 million Americans late with child support.
Login to Me Too

AdamBarbarian
Contributor
Contributor
Keep your eyes open for class action lawsuits about this. The stimulus money is to stay alive from the federal government while 50 states are shutdown, not a welfare check for mismanaged states that are billions of dollars in debt.
Login to Me Too

RosalieM
Contributor
Contributor
The government can do what they want with the money they are giving us. If they want to take there money to pay off my debt I'm going to let them. I made a mistake and I have to own up to it. Depending on what state you are in and what states apply the child support laws you may not receive your simulus because of child support restitution and batterers civil payments. Either way they took free money from themselfs to pay themselfs...
Login to Me Too

Theresa1315
Contributor
Contributor
Did u get a notice from IRS saying child support intercepted ur stimulus money? Also did u get a message on the IRS website saying they deposited to ur bank account or anything to that affect?
Login to Me Too

Duckyy17
Contributor
Contributor
I was supposed to get my stimulus check deposited today April 29th 2020 is what the irs.gov get my payment thing says and I do not have my money in my account why? I read that somebody that was supposed to get deposited on the 15th still has not gotten theirs as of the 28th of April that's way more than 3 to 5 days so you're telling me that I have to wait longer than 3 to 5 days to get my money? I thought they fix this with the last wave I thought that this was already fixed so that this wave of people didn't have to deal with this? Are people still waiting have you guys gotten your deposits how long did it take how long am I going to have to wait?? I'm drowning here I'm going crazy please somebody help me
Login to Me Too

ARIESROSE420
Contributor
Contributor
Same issue...says theres a hold for ebay or something and dont even have a ebay account
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.