Stimulus check

Teyyoncee12
Contributor
Contributor

Has anyone gotten there stimulus check deposited into their account??

Login to Me Too
2,382 REPLIES 2,382

AdMan_1968
Contributor
Contributor
What happened is in the 1970s that show 60 minutes did a story on these rich dads who were not supporting their kids after divorce. The while country was outraged and a bunch of moms lobbied Congress to make changes. After that ran, Congress jumped on it and went way too punitive on dads. Now they made all the laws to where thue take every last penny you have. They dont care of you're living out of your car. They will take the gold off your fingers when you die. This is why you can owe the IRS million and still get a stimulus check. But owe back support? Nope. They will confiscate it. I'd rather owe the IRS a million bucks than owe support. At least they give people with Late taxes a break and help them. There is no help for back support.
Login to Me Too

KingTucker
Contributor
Contributor
Welp! I owe $3,416 back pay, i know im not getting it now. wish they would have just said that on the site instead of getting my hopes up. Atleast i know now lol
Login to Me Too

Quin18
Contributor
Contributor
Did anybody receive there check yet cause have yet to , and the my payment tool on the irs.gov portal shows up “payment not available “ but I’m eligible I also doubled checked my tax documents to be sure and I do I’m also a first time filed. So like what’s the problem.
Login to Me Too

AdMan_1968
Contributor
Contributor

@KingTucker Not necessarily. I think it depends on if your state's AG Office reports it to the Treasury Department. He is not paying anything towards it because he is unemployed. They could very well take it, but you don't know for sure. I have friends who are late and they got theirs. That is just one guy, just wait and see. 

Login to Me Too

azhunter81
Contributor
Contributor
Ours still says it was scheduled for the 15th according to the IRS website and we still do not have anything. And the IRS has the right account number as well. PayPal tried telling me I gave the IRS the wrong account number which is BS because I can see it is right. Plus it is the same info we used when we filed our taxes.
Login to Me Too

AdMan_1968
Contributor
Contributor

@azhunter81 Just curious, are you late on child support payments? 

Login to Me Too

DB_1978
Contributor
Contributor
I was supposed to get mine on the 30th and my bro done his the same day, and brand new PayPal, I've been with PayPal for 3yrs now either way he got his and I didn't get mine, so I know they are depositing chks, also my ex said they took his for child support, u supposed to get a letter in the mail 15 days after your depositing information is available and it tells how the payment was basically spent..whether it got tooken for support, or hold up on deposits I mean either way we finding out!! The wait is what kills me and I need this money so flipping bad!!
Login to Me Too

Lisatownsend66
Contributor
Contributor
My issue/complaint whatever u want 2 call it, is this... I file injured spouse every year anyway because of my spouse's past child support. It doesn't matter if hes paying every week of the year, the taxes still get taken for that. We're prepared 4 it. A stimulus payment is totally different...its basically a bailout 4 citizens. The shi77y part is the irs tells u u are approved...then says oops...u dont get it u have past child support...its tax free money? Its help? Why isn't every person getting it. Regardless. Ok, so he has to give his up for past bills, not my bills, his from 10+ yrs b4 we married. I again have filed injured spouse with taxes this year. The stimulus money is the only reason I filed. We've both been unemployed looking for work barely getting by...should of been smooth as getting taxes back. We both were prepared 4 him not to receive the money because we heard back child support was the "only" ppl not getting it, which is crap bcause a lot of these ppl also have new families 2 care for, past is past. But, when we waited 3-5 business days after scheduled deposit...1 week, more, we were furious that my payment had been taken. My son, 8, has autism, it's very very hard 2 explain 2 ur children why they do without every day, but harder to explain to a child with autism. They dont get it. Now I was planning on brightening this boys year and the government system f...d us. Along with so many others. It's ridiculous. EVERY CITIZEN was impacted by this pandemic & EVERY CITIZEN should be treated equally. Regardless of race, sex, religion, ability 2 pay...whatever tf their situation. Some are waiting 4 their 2nd payment...what about us who have not even recieved our 1st?? Please, stand together as a group, a country...a nation! Write ur congressman, senator, let's take care of this together!
Login to Me Too

Summermorgan23
Contributor
Contributor
It is April 17th and I was suppose to receive a direct deposit on the 15th. I still have not received it!! What the he'll it's going on
Login to Me Too

Mejoare
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @Summermorgan23 ,

Thank you for reaching out to us.

I apologize for the delay, but rest assured that we are currently processing payments received from the government. Kindly check your Paypal account from time to time and we will keep you posted. If you have further questions, you may contact our customer service online by logging in to your Paypal account and go to Contact Us. You will be provided options on how to reach them. 

We appreciate your patience and we hope that you and your family is safe.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.