Stimulus check

Teyyoncee12
Contributor
Contributor

Has anyone gotten there stimulus check deposited into their account??

Login to Me Too
2,382 REPLIES 2,382

Dontus
Contributor
Contributor
It's basically saying the same thing as when I do taxes and then they send my refund to child support it's like the same exact type of letter except it's saying did they use the 1200 and sent it to child support but then on the IRS website it's saying it was sent into my bank account which is basically PayPal but then PayPal says it takes up to three to five business days from when it's deposited from the IRS then you see all over the web that people that owe back support won't be receiving their check but then nothing on the IRS website says anything about back support being the reasons you won't get it the IRS site says the only people that won't be getting it are the people that make tons and tons of money the letter I got is from the US Department of the treasury Bureau of fiscal services it said the US Department of Treasury applied all or part of your payment to delinquent debt that you owe this action is authorized by federal law below is your payment information that says for 15-20 original payment $1,200 was applied to your debt that you owe to the following agency Division of Child Support Enforcement Fisherville Virginia $1,200 I mean I understand them garnishing my tax returns but not a stimulus check because I'm not working because of this virus either
Login to Me Too

Dontus
Contributor
Contributor
On top of that I only owe back support my stop 19 and he doesn't even have a caseworker anymore ongoing support was cancel but then I'm only in the rears 9000 because of the interest and I started off child support in the Rears she didn't start getting child support until my son was 13 years old and we were living together most of the time so they went back all those years in automatically put me in the rears even from when we were together and I always have my paychecks garnished and my income tax so I was never paying on the rears it was all going towards my regular monthly obligation but yet every month that goes by I'm still obligated to pay my rears so it just keeps going up I can't catch up I try to get ahold of a child support agency and they keep running in circles with me saying that every month they don't get a payment I keep going farther in the Rears so even though my child support is over with I still supposed to be paying monthly towards my arrears or it's going to keep stacking again no matter how much money they take from me I still get back to 9000 again it's f***
Login to Me Too

AdMan_1968
Contributor
Contributor
@Dontus Please let me know if you end up getting it. I'll keep you updated. I'm interested in yours because you are in the same situation I'm in. And of course isnt it just like the child support office to say your getting a deposit then RIP your heart out. It fits perfectly with how they treat dads.
Login to Me Too

AdMan_1968
Contributor
Contributor
@Dontus Well I'm sorry man. I am in arrears too to the tune of $7000 from being unemployed but I am employed now and paying monthly through my employer. They take half my income. I have never had a letter from the IRS saying they were taking my refund. Never. And I have not had a letter saying they are taking my stimulus check either. But I could get one any day now. I'm not getting my hopes up. If it shows up I'll be very happy but I'm not expecting it. I noticed people stopped commenting as much and I'm thinking they are getting their money and not updating on here. The child support offices are a criminal organization that rivals the mob in terms of how much they steal and how many lives they ruin. There could be a meteor strike and nothing left but they will still be open taking our paychecks. They make it impossible to change an existing order, I know because I tried it. They give you the runaround and you have to have an attorney or an agreeable ex.
Login to Me Too

Dontus
Contributor
Contributor
I mean I don't understand it don't make sense stimulus check isn't money that you earned its to help out because we're all confined and some of us aren't working because of the virus is a lot of people suffering like I said my kids are growing up and it's at no fault of mine that I'm in the Rears I'm about to start getting disability because I got severely injured whenever I did work my wages were always garnished the ground and my 18 year old son that the child support is on kid gets his own stimulus check and so does my ex so why in the world do they need mine I don't get it it's bad enough they get my income tax returns every year
Login to Me Too

Dontus
Contributor
Contributor
This is the only thing I can think of to some of the people that didn't get there is if you read it closely it says your payment is scheduled to be deposited in your account on the 15th so technically it wasn't deposited on the 15th into your account it was scheduled to be deposited the difference so if you owe back support it's not going to continue to schedule to be deposited it's going to go to child support plain and simple
Login to Me Too

AdMan_1968
Contributor
Contributor
Yeah probably. It says "We scheduled your payment to be deposited..." I'm thinking they send the money then it gets filtered through state agencies who double check if you owe anything. That's why it takes so long and why PayPal has not seen it. I have noticed people have stopped commenting about not getting them. It means they are finally getting their money and they don't bother posting back on here. This sucks. **bleep**.
Login to Me Too

AdMan_1968
Contributor
Contributor
I have heard from a friend that there are some dads who owe support but still got their money. So who knows. If it shows up then great. But I'm not expecting it.
Login to Me Too

Temp20230525az
Contributor
Contributor
I just read a article from maybe a couple hours ago and it again stipulates who isn’t getting the economic relief and back support isn’t anything quoted, and I also spoke with a PayPal rep and they advised me that it will take 3-5 business days before it clears in our account I was supposed to receive my stimulus on wendsday and it is now Friday is there anyone who’s been waiting longer than 2days
Login to Me Too

AdMan_1968
Contributor
Contributor
@Temp20230525az I hope so man. I think maybe if you are really late and not paying anything they will take it. I am employed and paying on time with half my income so hopefully they send it to me. I saw that too about 3 to 5 days. PP is treating these like payments or refunds, not direct deposits. So its taking the same time a refund does. **bleep**.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.