Step By Step Instructions for Private Party Selling Collectibles/Shipping/Receiving Payment

Manbius
Contributor
Contributor

I have a PayPal personal account, but I'm not an online retail merchant. I've reached an agreement via email exchange with a private party I'm otherwise not acquainted with...to sell him some small vintage collectibles I own for an agreed upon price of approximately $1500. This transaction will be outside of eBay, and I will be shipping the items I'm selling by USPS. The seller has agreed to pay for shipping, insurance, and any applicable PayPal fees in addition to the agreed upon purchase price of the items I'm selling. I'm unable to find step-by-step instructions on the PayPal web site as to how to proceed with this transaction. I wish to protect both buyer & seller in their shared interests of 1) buyer's assurance that agreed upon merchandise is sent via USPS, and 2) seller's receipt of payment for items sold at the time the items leave seller's possession for out-of-state shipment via USPS. Obviously, neither buyer or seller wants to risk being ripped off in this transaction. Please direct me to the relevant area of the PayPal web site, or kindly explain step-by-step instructions. Thanks in advance for your help.  

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.