Split This????

dawnbradman
New Community Member

Hi

Can anyone tell me what Split This means that has appeared on my summary page against some payments?

What is it, what does it do and how do you use it? I have searched other messages but no-one seems to have an answer. Would very much appreciate someone explaining this to me so I can stop worrying that there is a problem with my account.

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

Leighanni953
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Dawn yes me too with this! 

I had never seen “Split this” on my account before so I just called PP Customer Service and the guy told me that it is to enable you to “Split” the costs with a friend or family member when buying something like concert or theatre tickets.

I can’t personally see any use for this but am very annoyed to find out that at the same time they added this function they also removed the function to allow you to expand the payment detail line to show more details on the transaction!

Seem like a backward and not very helpful change to me.

Hope that helps and makes sense.

Login to Me Too

Leighanni953
Contributor
Contributor

PS searching the Help link on PP does it bring anything up to advise either!

Login to Me Too

Fragrance
Contributor
Contributor

No !   No mention at all.    Would you believe the young man I was connected to on the PP Helpline - said he'd no idea

what "split this"  meant and had never heard of it.  He had to summon help.

Login to Me Too

Fragrance
Contributor
Contributor

Totally frustrated as going round in circles trying to find any information on the PP website

relating to "Split This" - I too phoned PP's Helpline and was given the same information as

you -plus told to  "ignore it" and "not to worry about it".  If that's the case why is it there on

3 different transactions ? 

I found this even more worrying 😉

I would never use the option and am sure many others won't either and would

of thought PP would of had the courtesy to advise beforehand.

Mary

Login to Me Too

Jax69
New Community Member

The only thing that I can relate to this is that once when I was making a purchase on a website (Wish) an item was stated as cheaper if I bought with another person and from memory it said when someone else bought one and requested the same thing I would get matched up. But I was charged full price for it at checkout and paid through paypal. I have the split bill option on only a few of my purchases in Pay Pal and on this particular purchase it actually comes up with someone that I can put half the cost too, but apart from that on the other purchases with this option it comes up with no ones name except asking for their email address. I think if you purchase something in agreeance  with someone to go halves in the cost then you pay for it in full and then go into the payment and enter their details in the split bill option to have them be charged half back to your account and they will have to approve for that payment to be transferred over.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Leighanni953

@Fragrance

@dawnbradman

@Jax69

Its just another way to request money.
If you pay a bill and your friends want to chip in you can click on it and request their share from them.
Absolute complete waste of time in my opinion.  Smiley Frustrated

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.