Spinning icon forever (cant buy things)

Neo_TA
Contributor
Contributor

i get the spinning icon forever while trying to pay for things via paypal account ive tried many web browsers i think its authcaptcha blocking things
2I2663b21z

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

PayPal_Rachael
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @Neo_TA,

Welcome to the community forum and thanks for posting.

I am sorry to hear that you are having an issue making a payment on eBay. It looks like this may be a technical issue. I recommend getting in touch with our customer service team so we can investigate what is happening. You will find our contact details by clicking Help & Contact at the bottom of any PayPal page. You can also reach us on Facebook www.Facebook.com/PayPal or on Twitter @AskPayPal.

Rachael 

Login to Me Too

Neo_TA
Contributor
Contributor

hey

thanks for the reply but i dont have twitter or facebook its extremly hard to get a hold of paypal if its nothing to do with things you have bought or transactions. you may have seen its not only me that has this problem most of my friends and family have the same problem

many thanks

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @Neo_TA,

I'm sorry that contacting PayPal has been a challenge. The basic troubleshooting steps of clearing cache and cookies in your browser and restarting it may be helpful, but if you're seeing the issue in multiple browsers, it's likely something more advanced than that. Reporting to technicians for investigation is the next step.

In order to ensure that the account-specific information for the issue you're experiencing is able to be given to the technicians, contacting customer service would be necessary to resolve the issue. I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Lee99999999
Contributor
Contributor

I have been having this problem for several weeks. I've tried all the steps too.  Clearing cache, restarting the browser, rebooting. Different browsers. Different computers with different versions of Windows. I got it to work once with Edge, but now my Edge has updated to the Chrome based one and it's broke too. My primary browser, Opera, just has the spinning icon on when it's trying to load that stupid page trying to get you to stay logged in. I now have it drop all the cookies for PayPal every time I exit. That gets me to the login page on eBay checkout, but then stops as soon as it tries the next one.  Now I'm also having problems logging directly into PayPal.com because it's throwing up that 'stay logged in' page there. I don't want to stay logged in, but can't ever get rid of it.  I stayed with PayPal all through the eBay Managed Payments fiasco, but this is too much. PayPal should at least own up to the problem.

Note that I just managed to pay using IE 11.  Nice, PayPal forcing us to use outdated, unsafe browsers. Old browser or new payment processor, you do the math.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.