Sorry, we weren’t able to complete your payment or set up preapproved payments at this time. FIX?

TheAA
Contributor
Contributor

Hello I was trying to purchase something for my self and when I tried to use my PayPal account this pops up "Sorry, we weren’t able to complete your payment or set up preapproved payments at this time." When I'm on my laptop but when I'm on my phone and using my service provider's internet it allowed me to make they payment 

Can someone explain to me why I can pay on my phone and not laptop

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @TheAA,

I'm very sorry to hear that you've had difficulty making a payment. If the payment is working on one platform an not another, there may have been risk detected with one of the payment attempts that was not detected with the other method. In situations where the system believes that there is risk of potential unauthorized access, it can decline to allow a payment.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience. 

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9
Solved

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @TheAA,

I'm very sorry to hear that you've had difficulty making a payment. If the payment is working on one platform an not another, there may have been risk detected with one of the payment attempts that was not detected with the other method. In situations where the system believes that there is risk of potential unauthorized access, it can decline to allow a payment.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience. 

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Malcolm_Cooper
Contributor
Contributor

I'm currently having this exact problem right now and I have tried my laptop, my iPhone and my tablet to no avail, I can't make a payment. Could it be something on the vendor side or maybe I should try using a different Wifi network to make the payment? 

Login to Me Too

slamoof
Contributor
Contributor
Then what I have to do if it’s safe and and try from others web browsers and devices
Login to Me Too

RafaelDiemar

Still the same thing! 

Untitled.png

None of your suggestions worked! 

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Brooke

Hi @TheAA,

I am sorry to hear that you are having those issues. Unfortunately, we would not be able to give you the reasoning as to why our security system is blocking your payment from your regular computer. Is it a device that you normally use to login to your PayPal account? If not, this may be why you are running into this message. I would suggest continuing to attempt to make payments on the computer so our system can see that it is a safe device. 

I hope this helps.

Thanks, 

Brooke

Login to Me Too

waynehse

Hey Paypal

Why don't you guys pull your fingers out of your arses and answer this question.  

How are we supposed to transact if we get this message?

You response would be appreciated!

Login to Me Too

Janetmartin
Contributor
Contributor
I am having same issue cannot check out at all as it tells me to add card whenever i dont get this message although my card is already on my account
Login to Me Too

pete4571
Contributor
Contributor

Give the solution, please!

Login to Me Too

KGMuc
New Community Member

So what is the solution in this problem? 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.