Sorry, we weren't able to complete your payment at this time. Please try again later.

Allanah
Contributor
Contributor

I'm trying to send money to someone for a commission, and I got a message that says 

Sorry, we weren't able to complete your payment at this time. Please try again later.

If you continue to encounter problems, please contact customer service.

Why is this happening? I've used Paypal many times before and I've never had this. I'm only trying to pay $5 and I have $6 in my account. How can I fix this? This person is expecting money from me.

Login to Me Too
127 REPLIES 127

kienmid

Same problem

Login to Me Too

wilhanfontoura2
New Community Member

i have this problem too.. i contacted customer support but anyone answered me, now i don't know how to do.. worst service eu..

Login to Me Too

Ariel548
Contributor
Contributor
Me toooi Please PAYPAL! FIX THIS I CAN'T EVEN BUY IR SEND ANY PAYMENT I CAN'T EVEN CASH IN TO NY GCASH! AND MY ACCOUNT IS ALSO VERIFIED! PLEASE FIX THIS AS SOON AS POSSIBLE
Login to Me Too

jankole14
New Community Member

I have the same problem, paypal help!

Login to Me Too

MillieJaclyn
New Community Member

Same Problem

Please Solved this Accounts 

Thank you.

Login to Me Too

kkjjbb
New Community Member

Have been having the same problem. Called customer support, who directed me to try 3 different browsers, use the mobile app, do the hokey pokey, nothing works. What a garbage experience.

Login to Me Too

Miabambina
Contributor
Contributor

What is happening Paypal I managed to pay for one item for £20 but nothing else. Its really starting to grind my gears.  Its like you block certain transactions even from pre approved payment sources. I have spent more than 4 hours with you on the phone can you please explain what is going on. 

Login to Me Too

Temp20220922D
Contributor
Contributor

Because I tried what you said my account got limited:))))))))))))

Login to Me Too

crazyfoots
Contributor
Contributor

I have a solution! Not sure if it will work for everyone and to be honest its probably an actual flaw in Paypals security system and it kind of freaks me out, but basically this.  I got so **bleep** with this error, that I decided to see how many error tickets I could initiate before they locked me out of my account, so I just kept closing out the "Sorry" error message popup and immediately pressing the send money button over and over again.  I'm not sure exactly how many times it took (between 10-15 I think), but it eventually let me go to the next stage where I select my preferred payment method.  At this stage I selected the payment type I wanted and pressed the "send payments" button and again was greeted with the same **bleep** "Sorry" error message.  FML right? Well having made it thus far I decided to try my previous tactic again.  At this stage having a bit of anger induced OCD really helps.  This time it took quite a few attempts (I would estimate somewhere near 30-40 retries) and many of these were interrupted by Captcha verifications to make sure I wasn't a bot, but after 5 minutes or so it finally sent my payment! Patience pays off I guess? ... no pun intended.

Summary steps 1-3

1. Stay calm

2. Keep closing out the window and pressing pay until it works

3. Find an anonymous online outlet and let the world know just how much paypal has **bleep** you off today

Login to Me Too

Miabambina
Contributor
Contributor

It wont let me even log into my account when choosing it as paypal payment on ebay. Says paypal is currently unavailable. What is going?!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.