Sorry, we weren't able to complete your payment at this time. Please try again later.

Allanah
Contributor
Contributor

I'm trying to send money to someone for a commission, and I got a message that says 

Sorry, we weren't able to complete your payment at this time. Please try again later.

If you continue to encounter problems, please contact customer service.

Why is this happening? I've used Paypal many times before and I've never had this. I'm only trying to pay $5 and I have $6 in my account. How can I fix this? This person is expecting money from me.

Login to Me Too
127 REPLIES 127

micdan26
New Community Member

This has happened to me after a week of being messed about

Login to Me Too

RNGS

Same Answer. Hours and Hours on the phone with unprofessional, rude, and unhelpful representatives. The only thing they can say is, "you'll need to process this transaction outside of PayPal." What a joke. Send me to your competition and I won't be back. What an awful, awful company. 

Login to Me Too

Temp20220922E

OMG this error still exist. Please help me.

Login to Me Too

_Joseph_
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

@Temp20220922E 

There are several factors why your payment got declined. Check below article for possible reasons:

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/my-payment-was-declined.-why-can%E2%80%99t-i-make-or-sen...

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.

Login to Me Too

Bounty78
New Community Member

Come on PayPal. Seriously, people have had this problem for over 2 years and still no fix. This is the reason so many people stop using PayPal. When your account randomly can not send money. This is very unreliable. 

Login to Me Too

snitchy
Contributor
Contributor

I really agree lol

Login to Me Too

LuisaG2
Contributor
Contributor

did you fix it?

Login to Me Too

skyebenson2

has anyones fixed leaving it because i have alot of money and i cant access it...

Login to Me Too

cocoh
Contributor
Contributor

Same message. Need help. Paypal support doesn't support you at all. I've talked to many representants and nobody did anything. Did someone find any solution? Thanks!

Login to Me Too

LuisaG2
Contributor
Contributor

Im wondering if you found a solution

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.