Sorry, we weren't able to complete your payment at this time. Please try again later.

Allanah
Contributor
Contributor

I'm trying to send money to someone for a commission, and I got a message that says 

Sorry, we weren't able to complete your payment at this time. Please try again later.

If you continue to encounter problems, please contact customer service.

Why is this happening? I've used Paypal many times before and I've never had this. I'm only trying to pay $5 and I have $6 in my account. How can I fix this? This person is expecting money from me.

Login to Me Too
127 REPLIES 127

CarlosCheng
Contributor
Contributor

whats the solution? I cant send payment or use paypal as the preferred payment method, please anyone, how do we fix this|?

Login to Me Too

meliodas243
Contributor
Contributor
Im always getting this error everytime i send. I already verified my email add phone and my credit card. I tried to contact the customer service but they wont respond pls help me Error message: Sorry, we weren't able to complete your payment at this time. Please try again later. If you continue to encounter problems, please contact customer service.
Login to Me Too

Temp20220922B
New Community Member
Hi im trying to make an payment and its not going though can someone help me
Login to Me Too

renier15
New Community Member

Why does my payment not want to process, it just says try again later

Login to Me Too

K0m
New Community Member

Hello! An error message appears when trying to make a payment by clicking a PayPal.Me link.

The error is: Sorry, we weren't able to complete your payment at this time. Please try again later.

My Business account is verified and everything I already find in the Help Community. I have been doing this kind of payments for more than a year before with no problems.

Login to Me Too

FS22

This issue has been happening to me since 2016!! I can't believe there still isn't a solution.

I can make regular payments via Paypal on other websites, but I can't directly send payments from the Paypal website or Paypal.me.

My card, email and number are all verified, there's sufficient funds etc.

I also contacted customer support many times and they could never give me a direct answer about why i'm getting this error, same with my card issuer, they said the issue on PayPal's end.

I even made a new account and tried a different card and got the same error message, maybe it's something to do with being international?

Login to Me Too

aaarrr

"every single transaction or money transfer that we process goes through our risk assessment algorithms to determine whether or not we’re going to process a transaction."

This is what I just have been told. Even if on chat with an operator I am confirming I am making a transaction. But apparently paypal decides who and if you can pay, no matter all the passwords or security questions you offer to answer. Utterly ridiculous, paypal is totally pointless.

Login to Me Too

Intellect1
Contributor
Contributor

Every time that I buy something on a game that I play it doesn't work. It will say Sorry, we can’t complete your purchase at this time return to merchant and try using other payment methods but I only have paypal. I need help please!

Login to Me Too

madpatzz

Trying to buy gift card from paypal and i keep getting this message "Sorry, we can’t complete your purchase at this time". Customer service responses to other people in chat keeps saying "there are many reasons this can occur". Well no kidding, thanks. That does not help at all. How would you feel if your car broke down and all the mechanic could tell you was "there are several things that can be wrong" and left it at that. Cannot chat with anyone online. Called phone number and listening to circling message that tells me what I may have done wrong. ZERO resolution help with this. I am going to spend my balance and cancel paypal. Been using it for years but now that I have a balance in my account I can't use, I realize how terrible the customer service is. As in there isn't any. And if you work for paypal do not give me so canned response. Give me someone who can help me spend my money in my account. My aggravation is not the problem. It is the total lack of finding a solution. I do not have 3 hours to try to figure out how to get a hold of someone who can help me.

Login to Me Too

Liston254
Contributor
Contributor
Can't make payments. Need help
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.