Sorry, we weren't able to complete your payment at this time. Please try again later.

Allanah
Contributor
Contributor

I'm trying to send money to someone for a commission, and I got a message that says 

Sorry, we weren't able to complete your payment at this time. Please try again later.

If you continue to encounter problems, please contact customer service.

Why is this happening? I've used Paypal many times before and I've never had this. I'm only trying to pay $5 and I have $6 in my account. How can I fix this? This person is expecting money from me.

Login to Me Too
127 REPLIES 127

MarcosDuterte
Contributor
Contributor

I tried this, then got to the page where it asks me to click on picture that has this and that, but still the same message.

Anybody else who might have figured this

@crazyfoots wrote:

I have a solution! Not sure if it will work for everyone and to be honest its probably an actual flaw in Paypals security system and it kind of freaks me out, but basically this.  I got so **bleep** with this error, that I decided to see how many error tickets I could initiate before they locked me out of my account, so I just kept closing out the "Sorry" error message popup and immediately pressing the send money button over and over again.  I'm not sure exactly how many times it took (between 10-15 I think), but it eventually let me go to the next stage where I select my preferred payment method.  At this stage I selected the payment type I wanted and pressed the "send payments" button and again was greeted with the same **bleep** "Sorry" error message.  FML right? Well having made it thus far I decided to try my previous tactic again.  At this stage having a bit of anger induced OCD really helps.  This time it took quite a few attempts (I would estimate somewhere near 30-40 retries) and many of these were interrupted by Captcha verifications to make sure I wasn't a bot, but after 5 minutes or so it finally sent my payment! Patience pays off I guess? ... no pun intended.

Summary steps 1-3

1. Stay calm

2. Keep closing out the window and pressing pay until it works

3. Find an anonymous online outlet and let the world know just how much paypal has **bleep** you off today

out?

Login to Me Too

crazyfoots
Contributor
Contributor

Yep that's the Captcha I referenced in my post.  As I said it was at this point that things got really annoying and I had to keep re-clicking  and redoing the image recognition Captcha 30-40 times before it finally completed.   Honestly you have to do it so many times that I think many people would just give up, but I had nothing to do before bed last night sooo Smiley Very Happy

Login to Me Too

monir2025

Same to me

Login to Me Too

leo150

Extremely annoying bug. Sending money via PayPal iOS app worked for me without this error. 

Login to Me Too

shleedavis

I'm in Ireland and never had this issue before but it started this evening. Worked fine yesterday. All I am trying to do is send money to a friend for helping me with a problem. Anyone know if this issue goes on for long?

Login to Me Too

Tony_Mwanzia
Contributor
Contributor

Kindly help me sort out this issue. I cant seem to send money to a money request i received. I need to make payments to a client as soon as possible. Kindly assist

Login to Me Too

JuslynFlower

Me too...please help guys..i've been using paypal for 5 years this is my first bad experience T_T

Login to Me Too

Miri_am
Contributor
Contributor

Any one got the solution?

@Allanah wrote:

I'm trying to send money to someone for a commission, and I got a message that says 

If you continue to encounter problems, please contact customer service.

Why is this happening? I've used Paypal many times before and I've never had this. I'm only trying to pay $5 and I have $6 in my account. How can I fix this? This person is expecting money from me.

Login to Me Too

8V0N
New Community Member

I get this issue too, help?

Login to Me Too

mattchand
New Community Member

Happening today for me too.  I called customer service/paypal and they confirmed there is no issue with my account - my bank and cards all good. 

Very frustrating

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.