Sorry, we weren't able to complete your payment at this time. Please try again later.

Allanah
Contributor
Contributor

I'm trying to send money to someone for a commission, and I got a message that says 

Sorry, we weren't able to complete your payment at this time. Please try again later.

If you continue to encounter problems, please contact customer service.

Why is this happening? I've used Paypal many times before and I've never had this. I'm only trying to pay $5 and I have $6 in my account. How can I fix this? This person is expecting money from me.

Login to Me Too
127 REPLIES 127

CQUINN78

I dont know why this worked but I change my preferred payment from my bank account to a credit card and I was able to make my purchase wtf

Login to Me Too

CQUINN78

I dont know why this worked but I change my preferred payment from my bank account to a credit card and I was able to make my purchase wtf

Login to Me Too

Online7

i just received a payment and i got this, any help?

Login to Me Too

katiekli

I'm trying to pay my realtor for a deposit and I get this same message. Someone from paypal help!! 

Login to Me Too

YosAtmos
Contributor
Contributor

Same here!

I was trying to make a payment since yesterday, each time I receive the same error message: 

"Sorry, we weren't able to complete your payment at this time. Please try again later."

Help!

Login to Me Too

FFuse
Contributor
Contributor

I have a business account and I only receive this when sending money to international (outside of North America) clients. I've called PayPal's customer service over three times about this  issue and even they cannot explain why we receive this error when sending money (they always say there is no reason for it to be happening).

However, I noticed that some of my international clients are able to receive money. After asking my clients how their PayPal accounts were set up, I realized that people who do not have their PayPal account verified and connected to a bank account are the people I receive this error message with. Many of them only have their account linked to their credit card (or nothing at all) and that's almost a guarantee for me to receive the error.

That said, I think that if you ask your recipients to link connect their PayPal account to a bank account, the transfer should work without the error--just a thought, based on my experience.

Login to Me Too

Louis0103
Contributor
Contributor

I have this problem too, it is so annoying!

Login to Me Too

SumonShahin
Contributor
Contributor

me too i have the same problem i need a help Please Solved This Problem

See http://prntscr.com/k6afz0

Login to Me Too

Jordan_Rath24
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal literally scams us. Most of us have put money into our PayPal accounts and can’t even us our own **bleep** money. No one has solved this problem yet and no one will try to help either.

Login to Me Too

BJRD
Contributor
Contributor
Sorry, we weren't able to complete your payment at this time. Please try again later. If you continue to encounter problems, please contact customer service. I've been getting this error! And the smartest customer service rep told me to wait for 48 hrs, he said it should work after 48 hrs without giving me any reason. I waited but it didn't work! I called again and waited for more than an hour to talk to another rep from the philippines and another smart rep told me that it is system generated and there's nothing they can do. He said I can just withdraw my money from paypal because my PAYMENT WILL NEVER GO THROUGH. I was transferred to supervisor and she just apologized and couldn't give me time frame or reason. I was connected to a manager who then suggested to downgrade my account my business to personal and try sending payments again after 30mins!!! AND IT DID NOT WORK! PAYPAL TRY SO HARD TO HOLD OUR MONEY!!! when I transfer to my own bank they either put it on pending or under review. when I send money they won't even allow!!! THIS IS ILLEGAL AND YOU HAVE THE WORST CUSTOMER SUPPORT!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.