Sorry, we couldn't confirm it's you.

huskies91
New Community Member

Hi there Paypal users. I'm having this problem where I'm trying to pay off my eBay fees and I am currently relying on Paypal to get it paid off. However, when I try to make a one-time payment with Paypal, it doesn't work. Here's what it happens.

• They have me log into Paypal
  • I'm then stopped by a Quick Security Check
  • Receive a text is the only option available so I hit that (Paypal already has my phone number linked so the text should send straight to it)
  • "Sorry, we couldn't confirm it's you" "Try another way"
  • I tap try another way
  • Receive a text (I tap again)
  • Same popup, "Sorry we couldn't confirm it's you"
  • I am left frustrated and defeated

Paypal has MORE than enough information on me regarding it's me making the purchase of paying off my fees. They already know all my information like my driver's license, addresses, phone number, security questions even my SSN is confirmed... so why can they not "verify" me?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Michael

Hello, huskies91. Thanks for taking the time to post your concern here on the PayPal Community Forum. Not being able to log on is no good, for sure! I hope this situation has been resolved by now. If not, I hope the following information is helpful.

When this kind of situation arises, there are usually only two options. The first is to try logging off of everything on your computer, deleting the cookies and temporary internet files, and re-starting your system before trying again. If you're using a mobile device, please try logging on through the website (using a computer or laptop) instead.

The other option is to ask you to call Customer Service since there appears to be a problem with the System confirming your identity and/or account ownership. I understand what you're saying about PayPal already having your phone number, etc., but the Security System is there to make sure all customers' information and transactions remain as secure as possible, and having the System reject multiple logon attempts could lead to other steps being taken by it to secure your account.

I hope this helps. Thanks for your patience during this time.

Sincerely,

Michael

PayPal_Michael

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.