Sorry, we can’t complete your purchase at this time Please return to the merchant.

Pyrex_
Contributor
Contributor

I keep trying to get something off a website and when i log in and im ready to pay i keep getting this message 

Sorry, we can’t complete your purchase at this time
Please return to the merchant and choose another way to pay.

and plus ive tried doing this 
  1. Log into your PayPal Account
  2. Click ‘Profile’
  3. Click ‘More Options’
  4. Select ‘My Selling Tools’
  5. Click ‘Block Payments’
  6. Under the Payment Receiving Preferences, find the “Block payments from users who:” section
  7. Uncheck the “Initiate payments from the Pay Anyone subtab of the Send Money tab” option
  8. Click ‘Save’

but i never see the option "

1. Uncheck the “Initiate payments from the Pay Anyone subtab of the Send Money tab” option"
Login to Me Too
127 REPLIES 127

jodistef613
Contributor
Contributor

Same crap here too over & over & over again what's the USE OF THIS CARD if you never can make transactions??? PLUS I have added my BANK CHECKING with has over 10K in it ...a my back up source and YET STILL DECLINED or sorry cannot complete !!!!!!!!! ITS VERY FRUSTRATING

Login to Me Too

jodistef613
Contributor
Contributor

I totally AGREE ... i spent 2 days searching for a party dress thats right around the corner TRIED & TRIED to order .././GOT same **bleep** error and sat on pone for 3 days ..still no resolution looks like I WILL BE HITTING the stores searching myself!!! EVEN TRIED TO PURCHASE $24.00 ITEM same **bleep** thing when i have PLENTY ON PAY PAL ACCOUNT AND IN MY BANK go to a store works fine ... why the **bleep** would we need this card to protect us from online shopping IF YOU CAN NEVER online shop

Login to Me Too

nachomartin
Contributor
Contributor

Dude, I've had the same problem, I can buy in oldschool like paypal but not the new looking version. It's so frustating having the money just being held. What I got from a reply was this: 

Thank you for contacting PayPal Customer Support. My name is Isaac and I am glad you reached out to us. I understand that being unable to make these payments is frustrating, I will look in to this.

Looking at your account at this time your payments are getting blocked by our security system, I apologize for the inconvenience.

This is not the same as a limitation, our security system is automated and applies temporary blocks on payments it determines to have high risk. I recommend you try again at a later date.

To provide a secure online payment method, PayPal uses a complex screening process for payments. This helps prevent lost or stolen financial information from being used for unauthorized transactions. Occasionally, payments are blocked because they present a heightened risk. Simple issues such as buying or selling products that are of high value or in high demand, or changing your buying or selling patterns could cause our system to stop a payment.

Here are a few things you can do:

Change your payment method at checkout
For example, if your preferred payment method is your bank account, we will always try to use your bank account first for payments. If there is an issue with your bank account, we may block payments using that account as a funding source. You can change your payment method to a different one, such as a debit or credit card.

You can choose your payment method during the Send Money flow. Here's what to do:

1. During checkout, click Change or More Funding Options under "Payment Method" on the Review page.
  2. On the next page, select the payment method you want and click Continue.
  3. The payment method you selected will be used after your PayPal balance.

Add another payment method
If you only have a credit or debit card registered on your account, try adding and confirming a bank account.

Here's how to add a bank account to your PayPal account:

1. Log in to your PayPal account.
  2. Click Wallet near the top of the page.
  3. Click Link a bank to add your bank and follow the instructions on the screen.

If you enter the numbers manually or you don't see an option for instant bank confirmation, we'll confirm your bank account by sending 2 small deposits (each between $0.01 and $0.99 USD) to the bank account you want to confirm.

After 2 to 3 business days, review your bank statement or contact your bank to find out the exact amounts of those deposits. With this information, you can complete the confirmation process online. Here's what to do:

1. Log in to your PayPal account.
  2. Click Wallet near the top of the page.
  3. Click the bank account that you want to confirm.
  4. Enter the exact amount of each of the two deposits made to your bank account, then click Submit.

You can add up to 8 bank accounts to your PayPal account, but please note that each bank account can only be linked to one PayPal account at a time.
If you are sending money to a friend or family member, please check to make sure the recipient's email address or phone number is entered accurately.

Login to Me Too

monica38
This is so irritating im trying to purchase something and ik for a fact i have money n everything is valid but it wont let me buy it!!!! If anyone gets this resolved plz tell me. So annoying
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@monica38

1. You are posting in the middle of a thread dated 2016.

2. You have not said what country you are in or added it to your community profile so we can advise.

3. You have given 0 information so that we can advise.

There is not just 'one' solution to transactions not being processed there are loads dependent on the problem.

But as you have given 0 info then hard to advise.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

jodistef613
Contributor
Contributor

Same here ...tried to purchase from JJ'sHouse Dress and Shoes / for 4 days SORRY CANNOT COMPLETE YOUR PURCHASE RETURN TO MERCHANT .... disgustiging, frustrating, irritating, AND FED UP

Login to Me Too

Shahinsyr
Contributor
Contributor
Guys, nobody cares about our comments :)) it's better to forget paypal forever. I hope that in the near future a good company can get it's place. Good luck
Login to Me Too

zbikestore
Contributor
Contributor

I have been having this same problem. E-mailing and calling PayPal didn't help.

They are blocking my payment to a website with the error message "Sorry, we can't complete your payment" even though my information is all valid and I have a balance. They said it is high-risk, it is like an insulting slap in our face.

Only by contacting your local sentitor and attorney general will you have any progress in PayPal allowing people to use their own money, instead of temporarily stealing it from us.

Login to Me Too

temp20181130r
Contributor
Contributor

Yeah I've been trying to purchase a $50 game on Steam and I have more than enough in my Chequing account yet it either asks me to enter  a credit card or the purchase wasn't completed. I was gonna call customer support to see WTF is happening but I'd have a better chance surviving a 50 meter fall then getting the help I need. THANKS PAYPAL!!

Login to Me Too

thedamo
New Community Member

WHY I CAN`T PAY FOR ANYTHING!!!!!!!!! SUPPORT IS A JOKE!!!!!! WHAT NEXT!!!????/ BLOCK MY MONEY OR WA!!!!?????? F* S* COMPANY!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe somebody open a fb profile.. PAYPAL IS FOR IDIOTS! go to Skrill or Net*

I`m very angry and unhappy!!! What paypal do??? NOTHING!!!!!!!!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.