Sorry, we can’t complete your purchase at this time Please return to the merchant.

Pyrex_
Contributor
Contributor

I keep trying to get something off a website and when i log in and im ready to pay i keep getting this message 

Sorry, we can’t complete your purchase at this time
Please return to the merchant and choose another way to pay.

and plus ive tried doing this 
  1. Log into your PayPal Account
  2. Click ‘Profile’
  3. Click ‘More Options’
  4. Select ‘My Selling Tools’
  5. Click ‘Block Payments’
  6. Under the Payment Receiving Preferences, find the “Block payments from users who:” section
  7. Uncheck the “Initiate payments from the Pay Anyone subtab of the Send Money tab” option
  8. Click ‘Save’

but i never see the option "

1. Uncheck the “Initiate payments from the Pay Anyone subtab of the Send Money tab” option"
Login to Me Too
127 REPLIES 127

mikemike998
Contributor
Contributor

Not yet Smiley Sad

@jgold723 wrote:

I'm having the same problem with a button I created for my own site. When I try to test it by making an actual purchase, I get the error. Has anyone found a solution to this?

Login to Me Too

evilman987
Contributor
Contributor

Guys i've found that only some paypal accounts do this, i have an old one i barely use and that one works fine every time. It might also be a new update error for CSGO, becuase this was alsoworking back before october.

Login to Me Too

riza_

Same issue here! I cant buy anything with my money on paypal thats worth more than $50. I was trying to buy a gaming console for my brother more or less $500 but says can't complete purchase. I was able to buy something worth $200 before! Now I cant even buy something more than $50 ughhhh

Login to Me Too

Eaids

i have the same problem its so annoying. does anyone have any solutions

Login to Me Too

Nun0
New Community Member
I'm having the same problem since I've updated my email
Login to Me Too

jodistef613
Contributor
Contributor

NO SOLUTIONS I have called Pay Pal directly 6 times .... they act like I AM DOING SOMETHING WRONG when its THEIR PROBLEM .... ticks me off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Login to Me Too

lananatour98

hi

this is pretty old , did you get any kind of naswer how to deal with this ?

having the same problem

@jodistef613 wrote:

NO SOLUTIONS I have called Pay Pal directly 6 times .... they act like I AM DOING SOMETHING WRONG when its THEIR PROBLEM .... ticks me off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!!

Login to Me Too

MarvinUQ
Contributor
Contributor

I have this problem, but I've notice that when the payment page looks like this:

yen2isi

I can make the payment, but when looks like this:

HAQYOBh

It sends me back to the merchants page with a message like this: "Your payment failed We have not been able to process your payment. To continue with this purchase please select an alternative payment method."

Happens everytime the paypal page looks like in the second image.

Login to Me Too

gmackhurry
Contributor
Contributor

I had the same problem this morning. I called paypal and he had me clear history and cookies in explorer and it worked to buy an itunes card. Well I wanted to buy another gift itunes card a few minutes later and its back to saying sorry... I tried clearing the cookies and history again but it did not work. So I called back and this time the support guy advised the paypal security thinks my transactions are fraudulent. He asked me a few questions to clear the purchase requests and when I tried again it still said sorry. The support guy said the security is just being cautious and maybe wait till later to try again. Well half day later... yep still sorry.

I understand and appriciate good security but good grief are we now at the point where a support tech cannot even help?

I'm a bit unclear on the matter - have I been fired from paypal? Do I just close the account and say goodbye? The support guy could only offer these words "if it keeps happening it's because of the security". Sounds like the "security" is costing them. Maybe paypal should figure it out.

Login to Me Too

Shahinsyr
Contributor
Contributor
I've had this problem since last week. I wasted about 2 days in the internet to find the solution and got that this is not new , this problem has been on paypal since 2013 (or maybe earlier) and nobody solved it! **bleep** you anyway i missed the black friday for my favorite online shoppings, now i just missed cyber monday , so i kept calm, signed in to my account and then i did withdraw the hole money. Tomorrow i will go to the bank and request for a Visa card. So i'm sure that i wont miss the next year's black friday :)))))
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.