Sorry, we can’t complete your purchase at this time Please return to the merchant.

Pyrex_
Contributor
Contributor

I keep trying to get something off a website and when i log in and im ready to pay i keep getting this message 

Sorry, we can’t complete your purchase at this time
Please return to the merchant and choose another way to pay.

and plus ive tried doing this 
  1. Log into your PayPal Account
  2. Click ‘Profile’
  3. Click ‘More Options’
  4. Select ‘My Selling Tools’
  5. Click ‘Block Payments’
  6. Under the Payment Receiving Preferences, find the “Block payments from users who:” section
  7. Uncheck the “Initiate payments from the Pay Anyone subtab of the Send Money tab” option
  8. Click ‘Save’

but i never see the option "

1. Uncheck the “Initiate payments from the Pay Anyone subtab of the Send Money tab” option"
Login to Me Too
127 REPLIES 127

Bluejay163
Contributor
Contributor
As always; customer service suggests that your location services need to be on and transfers people to a department that confirms SSN and get on hold for 4 hours. 😊
Login to Me Too

jonnynitro

This is the message I get from one website. "You've been inactive for a while, so we logged you out to help protect your account. Please return to the merchant and restart the payment process." and I use Firefox, my accounts are all vaid and I just made a purchase from another site. What does this message mean?

Login to Me Too

jonnynitro

Sloved the problem.

Product was below the purchase threshold. I bought an item for $30 and it worked.

Paypal abviously does not process orders for less than a specifc amaount, whatever that is.

I can purchase items as low as $5 and that's it, using PayPal.

Hope this helps some of you out there.

Login to Me Too

spineshade
Contributor
Contributor
Omg so I got a paypal line of credit. A decent limit. I cant use it anywhere. Either it wants me to use my credit card or says it can't complete the transaction. It's a new account, no balance and a high limit. What is the point of having it if i cant but a **bleep** thing.
Login to Me Too

boru1

WHERES PROFILE AND MORE OPTION !!!!!!!!!!!

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Leslie

Hi boru1,

Sorry to hear you're running into this message. Please contact us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/paypal or on Twitter at @AskPayPal so we can troubleshoot this issue for you.

-Leslie

Login to Me Too

Temp20230525H
This problem happened to me too . I don’t anything debit cards or bank account link and my account is new. Is this why i can’t complete my purchase
Login to Me Too

GuLo

yesterday or 2 days ago cant purchase because this issue, ok ill wait, until now i trying again. still cant.

this very dissapointed. hi paypal, you will lost your customer because of this annoying issue.

Login to Me Too

muhammad_reda
Contributor
Contributor

I'm getting the same message sorry we can’t complete your purchase at this time Please return to the merchant and choose another way to pay .

I recently updated to business and created some sandbox accounts and started to test my backend system with the sandbox accounts and after 4 or 5 days of testing this message started to show. Now I can't sell anything (on the sandbox) I can't create another sandbox accounts, I can't even delete the sandbox accounts

from reading your posts it looks like the security system of paypal is blocking the account for security reasons ! GREAT!

We understand and appreciate the security reasons , however when the smart security robot can't distinguish between a legitimate usage - in a sand box testing !! - and a bad usage, then it's not a security robot it is just a robot that creates really BAD experiences for paypal customers. Now I have to completely change my development plan and the whole project time because of this smart robot. Please reconsider this proplem and try to find better ways to distinguish between legitimate users and bad users.

Login to Me Too

nburckhard

WHY CAN'T I SEND A PAYMENT TO G2PLAY.NET???  THIS IS SO FREAKING IRRITATING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.