Sorry, we can’t complete your purchase at this time Please return to the merchant.

Pyrex_
Contributor
Contributor

I keep trying to get something off a website and when i log in and im ready to pay i keep getting this message 

Sorry, we can’t complete your purchase at this time
Please return to the merchant and choose another way to pay.

and plus ive tried doing this 
  1. Log into your PayPal Account
  2. Click ‘Profile’
  3. Click ‘More Options’
  4. Select ‘My Selling Tools’
  5. Click ‘Block Payments’
  6. Under the Payment Receiving Preferences, find the “Block payments from users who:” section
  7. Uncheck the “Initiate payments from the Pay Anyone subtab of the Send Money tab” option
  8. Click ‘Save’

but i never see the option "

1. Uncheck the “Initiate payments from the Pay Anyone subtab of the Send Money tab” option"
Login to Me Too
127 REPLIES 127

Patricia125
Contributor
Contributor
I'm so glad that worked for you however it had not for me and I get this msg for days every few months. I tested it by opening another account and payment was successful. So it's clearly not a system or connection or website error. Its a deliberate block. Very odd and quite unreasonable. I won't be using PayPal again. They can't be trusted
Login to Me Too

Patricia125
Contributor
Contributor
Close your account. They won't tel you the reason. Its because they only alow you to purchase so much. This is wrong as its controlling behaviour which would not be allowed anywhere else. Noone had the right to tell you how to spend your money or what you can and can't purchase. I have found PayPal more than sneaky and dexteyove in their behaviour either close your account because they will continue to stop you buying goods or close it and open another if they start messing you around on that close it etc. Once they loose custom maybe they will revise their behaviour Quite frankly everyone on here is disgusted with their bad treatment of people who earn them a living.
Login to Me Too

onDeaf
Contributor
Contributor

Does not help. Still worth "We can't complete your payment at this time. Please return to the merchant and use their regular checkout.". What should I do?

Login to Me Too

Wxrthlxssss
Contributor
Contributor
I cant see the profile thing on top right
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Wxrthlxssss 

Profile is the cog shaped icon next to log out.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Jacksonn
Contributor
Contributor
Hello PayPal staff, My account encounter this same problem too because I declined a invoice from my account because I wanted to add more money on the card so I can transfer for it to my balance and I can't because of that message. Paypal said they refund it but when I look at my card balance it has a pending transaction and the refund wasn't send to me. I'm trying to refund it please help me fix this issue.
Login to Me Too

okedokie
Contributor
Contributor

i got this problem too, any helps?

Login to Me Too

cr0ss21
New Community Member

I have the same problem yes

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.