Sorry, we can’t complete your purchase at this time Please return to the merchant.

Pyrex_
Contributor
Contributor

I keep trying to get something off a website and when i log in and im ready to pay i keep getting this message 

Sorry, we can’t complete your purchase at this time
Please return to the merchant and choose another way to pay.

and plus ive tried doing this 
  1. Log into your PayPal Account
  2. Click ‘Profile’
  3. Click ‘More Options’
  4. Select ‘My Selling Tools’
  5. Click ‘Block Payments’
  6. Under the Payment Receiving Preferences, find the “Block payments from users who:” section
  7. Uncheck the “Initiate payments from the Pay Anyone subtab of the Send Money tab” option
  8. Click ‘Save’

but i never see the option "

1. Uncheck the “Initiate payments from the Pay Anyone subtab of the Send Money tab” option"
Login to Me Too
127 REPLIES 127

siaskary
Contributor
Contributor
i have the same problem.
Getting this error message.

s it an international transaction? Yes
What country are you in? INDIA
What funding sources do you have linked to your paypal account? Credit Card
What funding source are you trying to use? Credit Card
Are all your funding sources confirmed? Yes
Is your email address confirmed? Yes
Is this a recent problem or are you a new user? New User

Tags (0)
Login to Me Too

chinesegirl
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, may I ask if your problem has been solved? I am from China. Our country's alipay will never appear to be unable to pay. Paypal is not willing to take risks. They let users take risks and not actively solve them. I think we can sue it together, and blocking accounts is not a positive solution. This is one of the reasons why paypal is getting worse.

Login to Me Too

i have the same problem.

Is it an international transaction? Yes
What country are you in? USA
What funding sources do you have linked to your paypal account? Banking
What funding source are you trying to use? PayPal balance
Are all your funding sources confirmed? Yes
Is your email address confirmed? Yes
Is this a recent problem or are you a new user? Old user

Login to Me Too

Nmooredc
Contributor
Contributor
This has been happening to me and my partners account for almost a week now. Please fix this. We’re losing sales!
Login to Me Too

Patricia125
Contributor
Contributor
Ypir advice has not resolved the problem. How about telling us why PayPal are doing this to customers? If cus ser don't know why then who does.!! I kerp being told after I have nearly a few thousand pound in my bank account PayPal will not allow me to purchase anything! Now they will not allow me to log in to change payment method. In fact they won't allow me to change method at all. So who's pulling the strings here because this is very very suspicious!! And the fact you won't give us the answer! I've contacted action fraud and reported PayPal as you are not permitted legally to stop anyone choosing to buy what they want wr are not kids!! Disgusting people you are!
Login to Me Too

Moichane
keep trying to get something off a website and when i log in and im ready to pay i keep getting this message Sorry, we can’t complete your purchase at this time Please return to the merchant and choose another way to pay hope you help me
Login to Me Too

rahadian
Contributor
Contributor

Hey guys, I had the same problem for a couple of days. And I try this method several minutes ago and it works. I believe one of the reason of the problem is the connection, maybe paypal think that your connection isn't safe for a transaction so the system block you. I use PC with wifi to try to do some purchase but always fail because that "Sorry, we can’t complete your purchase at this time Please return to the merchant." message always come out. So I try using my phone and phone signal service provider and surprisingly it works, I can purchase the item.

Hope this solution works for you too guys.

Login to Me Too

MrGreatVibes

Thanks, @rahadian! Your solution perfectly for me!

Login to Me Too

rahadian
Contributor
Contributor

You are welcome @MrGreatVibes, I'm glad I could help.

Login to Me Too

rwilson20
Contributor
Contributor

ok i figured out a soultionthat worked for me first i added money to my paypal account then i went in my firefox were my saved  passwords were and deleted them and try to buy what you want then it will ask you to log in and select a way to pay then just check  paypal balance and you should be good to go i hope this helps.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.