Sorry, this payment can’t be completed due to regulations.

OliyaZil
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I am trying to make a payment to Russia and I get this error "Sorry, this payment can’t be completed due to regulations." I did add 2 step verification and still get the same issue. Please advise how to fix it?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@OliyaZil 

The issue could be the Russia account, maybe they need to verify their account and/or they’ve exceeded their receiving limit because of regulations.

Identification and Account Restrictions

To open and use a PayPal account, you must provide us with information and documents we require to verify your identity using either a simplified identification method or a full identification method.

• If we verify your identity using the simplified identification method, you will be subject to the following account restrictions: you can only hold balance in Rubles and your balance cannot exceed 60,000 Rubles (or other currency equivalent) at any point in time;
  • if you receive an e-money transfer in a currency other than Rubles it will be automatically converted into Rubles;
  • you cannot transfer to a personal account more than 15,000 (or other currency equivalent) Rubles in one transaction;
  • you cannot transfer to a business account more than 60,000 (or other currency equivalent) Rubles in one transaction;
  • the total amount of e-money transfers made by you or received by you, to or from personal accounts cannot exceed 40,000 Rubles (or other currency equivalent) during a calendar month;
  • the total amount of e-money transfers made by you or received by you, to or from business accounts cannot exceed 200,000 Rubles during a calendar month.

If we verify your identity using the full identification method, the above restrictions will be changed as follows:

• your balance cannot exceed 550,000 (or other currency equivalent) Rubles at any point in time; and
  • you cannot transfer more than 550,000 (or other currency equivalent) Rubles in one transaction.

It is possible to hold balance in foreign currency only if you pass the full identification requirements.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.