Sorry, this payment can’t be completed due to regulations.

Grant_N

I have been trying to pay an artist I commissioned who's out in Russia but everytime I try to send money it says "Sorry, this payment can't be completed due to regulations." Already pretty vague and unhelpful but hey I've come to expect nothing less from PayPal.

I expect there's something wrong with the recipient's account since I've sent money to Russia for commissions in the not too distant past and everything has worked out just fine. So either it's some new, vague regulation that's discriminating against Russians or PayPal made a whoopsie in its pants again. Not that I'd say any of those two options is more likely than the other.

P.S. kernowlass the link you post on similar threads doesn't work and won't help me. Please don't reply to this unless you have a functional link in your answer. (Also stop begging for kudos and solutions, it's embarrassing)

Hmm.jpg

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

Windseeker04
Contributor
Contributor

I'm also having this issue.  Russian artist, and I've had no problems sending payments in the past; it's only now an issue.  (I live in the USA, for additional clarity.)

Login to Me Too

Banjaluka-com
New Community Member

I have the same problem. Cant receive money from Canada, sender gets the same message. Wondering how to fix the issue. I am from Bosnia and Herzegovina.

Login to Me Too

AriHydrodus

Hey, try converting the money you are paying into the same as what they will be getting. Like if they get Rubles then try sending Rubles instead. Someone on another thread was having this same issue (as well as me) and they said it worked. I'm going to try it now myself 

updating: wouldn't let me convert to rubles so instead of paying invoice directly I sent through the normal way and it worked

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Grant_N 

1. Link works fine, for the folks in the countries it was directed at.

Many before and since your post have managed to read it.

However if it did not work for you I would happily have copy/pasted the actual info on the link if you had asked nicely. 

2. I don't need kudos etc as I already have 30,000. I put that comment on my posts to encourage users of the forum to leave it for each other.

3. I tend to only help nice polite folks who appreciate me giving up my time to 'try' and help them. So I will add you to my list to make sure I don't bother helping you again in the future.   😁

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Takaman

kernowlass. You have been continuously posting the same Albanian link for everyone who has asked his question. Your willingness to help is appreciated, but giving someone a link you know they will not be able to reach, is not helping at all. And then responding that the link does work, is extremely annoying. Not everyone here is sending money to or from Albania, so stop making that assumption. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.