Sorry, this payment can't be completed due to regulations

Amineeeee
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, There is someone trying to send me money, and each time he tries he gets the message ' sorry, this payment can't be completed due to regulations'. My paypal is linked with a VISA card and it is confirmed, I really don't know what is the problem. Thanks

Login to Me Too
25 REPLIES 25

_Joseph_
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

@DDPgamz 

There several factors why your payment got declined. Check below article for possible reasons:

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/my-payment-was-declined.-why-can%E2%80%99t-i-make-or-sen...

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.

Login to Me Too

Grant_N

Having the same problem and @kernowlass link is definitely still broken. Anyone have a solution yet?

Login to Me Too

PlushGiraffe
New Community Member
Yeah I’m having the same problem, I can’t send to someone in a different country from mine though , idk if that pertains
Login to Me Too

JuliiaKim

Same problem. One person can't send me payment in any way. Still don't know how to fix it.

Login to Me Too

FluffyRia
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same problem... 

Login to Me Too

hhwfour

Having the same problem of trying to send money and getting that the payment can't be completed due to regulations.  I am in the US and the person I'm trying to send a gift to is in Russia.  Don't understand why this regulation thing is so vague with no clear way to fix.

Login to Me Too

DuskRaven
Contributor
Contributor

Same as above - I'm in the US, the person I'm trying to send money to is in Russia. Also, the first link posted in this thread is broken for me as well.

Login to Me Too

EgyptAhmed
My brother live in usa and try send me paypal money to my paypal account in egypt each time he try to send he got same message what can do also my account new i make it in egypt and link avisa and confirm it with my visa bank also with paypal account so whats problem any one can help Thanks
Login to Me Too

meowdiona

I randomly couldn't send any money to someone from a different country than my own (I live in the US). It's not the first time I've sent this person money, and I never had any problems until recently. I've been searching the internet trying to find clues as to what is going on but have been unsuccessful. I really don't want to contact customer support because it's a bother, but it seems like Paypal isn't doing anything about it and keeping us in the dark 😞

Login to Me Too

Zenith_Star

Ditto to the last few posts; I'm in the US and I think the person I'm buying from is in Russia, though I'm not 100% sure. They are an artist, and I am trying to pay them for a commission. I've done this many times in the last year, why is this some new thing that is coming up just now?

EDIT: I Got It To Work!! I converted the amount I wanted to send from USD to RUB in google, then sent it AS RUBLES and it seemed to go through.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.