Someone sent me money but I didn't receive it

vrvmirez1
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, 

I copy and pasted my paypal.me link to someone I sold an item to. My email and other contact info on my account are updated.

He also sent me a screenshot of the confirmation he got upon sending me money. 

My problem is I don't see a balance on my account and I also didn't get an email saying I received money otherwise. 

Is there a set amount of days before money is transferred to me or is something wrong?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @vrvmirez1,

I'm sorry to hear that you have not received an expected payment. If you do not see the payment in your activity history and have not received any messaging indicating that you have an unclaimed payment, then the payment may not have been sent to the correct address, or potentially not sent at all. It is important not to ship an item until you can see the payment in your PayPal account, in order to guard against potential fraud. An image can be altered to make it look like it is confirming a payment that was never made.

Please be cautious!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Pandalana
New Community Member

I am having this same problem. I have more than one email on my account because of an older email that no longer works, but some people still have that email associated with this account. I called cs and they said they "fixed" it, and that only 2 emails can be associated with receiving payments on 1 account, but it is still not working.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.