Someone paid me but I haven't recieved the money yet

Betchaypechay
Contributor
Contributor

Hey guys,

Just a bit of background of what happened. I advertised a room in Gum tree and received an email from a lady. She said she'll take the room and paid for 3 months plus bond. Before sending the money, she asked me if I am able to help her to send money overseas for her stuff to be sent here in Australia via Western Union. She said she sent the money for the mover company additional to the 3 months rent and bond. I received an E-mail afterwards from PayPal that she paid me. She was asking me if I can do it by today even though I haven't received the money to my account yet. How long does it usually take for the money to come in my account? I'm new with these stuff and just want to be careful if it's legit or scam.

I really appreciate a response!

Thanks!

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Betchaypechay

It's a scam. The renter is a scammer. Do not send any money via Western Union or any third party payment processor in connection to any PayPal transaction. Ever. The scam is the person is trying to convince you to send real money to them via WU while making out as if they sent you funds for the transaction and whatever reason and send you a fake PayPal email confirmation but they did not send any payment at all.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Betchaypechay
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you so much for your help! I was really hesitating and I’m the type of person that doesn’t trust so much.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.