Some company I have never heard off has withdraw money from me.

Navanastra
Contributor
Contributor

As the topic states, I was charged for a subscription by an company I have never heard off 2 days ago. A company called "Digital River Ireland Ltd" for a product named "DRI*AVAST Software". Even though I don't even use avast antivirus but AVG and I have never subscribed for either of these two or bought the premium versions. 

Is this a fraud? Because the receiver is listed as "Non-US verified and when I tried to contact them with the email address provided is said I was immediately blocked.

I need a way to get that money back? Because I have never heard of this company nor bought and subscribed to anything they have. The money was just taken from me without my consen.  

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Navanastra 

Digital river is an ecommerce payment company. They don't fraudulently take your money. They partner with companies like Samsung, Microsoft, razr, McAfee, avast, etc. If you buy from those websites, your charge may show up as from digital river. They also handle subscriptions. A lot of times what happens is people accept a free trial for a product, like anti virus, and forget to cancel and it auto renews. Be careful what you are accepting. Digital river just handles the orders and payments submitted by partner companies.

Check if you had a subscription set up...
Click on the profile tab (icon next to log out) > Click on payments third option along on the thick blue band top of page > "manage pre-approved payments''.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Navanastra 

Digital river is an ecommerce payment company. They don't fraudulently take your money. They partner with companies like Samsung, Microsoft, razr, McAfee, avast, etc. If you buy from those websites, your charge may show up as from digital river. They also handle subscriptions. A lot of times what happens is people accept a free trial for a product, like anti virus, and forget to cancel and it auto renews. Be careful what you are accepting. Digital river just handles the orders and payments submitted by partner companies.

Check if you had a subscription set up...
Click on the profile tab (icon next to log out) > Click on payments third option along on the thick blue band top of page > "manage pre-approved payments''.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Navanastra
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for your reply. But I am still a bit confused. I have absolutely no subscription with anyone. I do use an anti-virus software but it is AVG and not avast or Mcafee. I think I did made use of avast at some point but that was on my old laptop I believe and I uninstalled since then.

Also in regards to your information. I don't see those taps you mentioned. Where you mentioning paypal or another software or website?   

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Navanastra 

If you used Avast at some point then it would have set up a subscription and carried on until you cancelled it with the company, just uninstalling it does not cancel any subscriptions. You need to go to your pre approved payments and cancel it.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Navanastra
Contributor
Contributor

Ok, but where and how?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Navanastra 

I told you that in my first post in reply.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.