Sketchy Looking Payment

amatusko
Contributor
Contributor

Hello I just sold an item on Ebay and the buyer (for the second time now) has zero feedback whatsoever.  Since I am newish on Ebay, the funds have been put on hold, which is fine, except in the detail pane shown in the photo, it says the estimated funds availability date is December 31, 1969!!!!! What does this mean? Is this a scam?  

Second question. The buyer lives 20 minutes from me, and I am tempted to deliver the item in person to ensure this is not a scam. Unfortunately, I believe this will cancel out any seller protection I may have for this transaction, correct? Can someone confirm whether this is as bad of an idea as it appears to me?

I am skittish about this sale because the camera already sold once to another buyer with zero feedback who claimed in 10-15 separate messages that they had paid and yet they never did. I opened a nonpayment case and it never was resolved so I was in the right. Is there anything else I can do to protect myself?

Screen-Shot-2018-08-30-at-4.28.45-PM.jpg

The buyer's business contact information is especially sketchy looking. 

Screen Shot 2018-08-30 at 5.05.21 PM.png

Buyer Details

Screen Shot 2018-08-30 at 5.04.29 PM.png

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@amatusko

Date is a techie glitch happens a lot, should not affect payment release.

You would need to ask your buyer if they are happy with you delivering it, some buyers don't like the thought of sellers turning up at their home address, if they agree then your best option would be to refund the buyer and accept cash on collection when you deliver. You could always arrange to meet somewhere ie a public place if they are happier with that.

Can't see your screenshots.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.