Shipping address on seller invoice does not match addresses in my Paypal profile

GSteele
Contributor
Contributor

I placed an order today and paid via Paypal.  I was not asked to verify shipping address and address does not exist in my Paypal account.  This was my first order with this seller and I did not specify any shipping addresses before payment was made via Paypal.  I thought they would have taken the addrees from Paypal but I don't know where they got the address from.  I would like to cancel the payment since the seller has not responded to my inquiry.

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

PayPal_david

Hi there @GSteele.

Welcome to the Community!

If you try checking the transaction details page for this payment, this will show you what address was used to arrange for the delivery of the item.

If a different address was used for this transaction, you would need to contact the seller directly, to ask them to refund the payment to you. It's not possible to change the delivery address on a payment, after the payment has completed processing. 

If the seller does not respond to your requests, you can try filing a dispute for an item not received through the Resolution Centre on your account. When you are there, you can click the 'Report a Problem' option. From here, you will see a 'Dispute a Transaction' option. Once you have followed the steps on screen, you can open a dispute for an item not received. 

I hope this helps.

David.

Login to Me Too

GSteele
Contributor
Contributor

Hi David, 

Thanks for the info.  I was able to contact the seller and they changed my address.  My concern is that the address they initially invoiced it to is not even in my Paypal profile so I'm not sure how they got that address.  Does Paypal store past shipment addresses that I am not able to manage?

Thanks,

Gillian

Login to Me Too

PayPal_JonK

Hi there @GSteele,

Most shipping addresses are saved on the merchant's side / marketplace. However, PayPal does keep record of the addresses you've shipped to before. You can reach out to our Customer Support to remove old shipping addresses from your PayPal account. 

You can reach Customer Support by clicking Contact at the bottom of the PayPal website. They're also available through Twitter direct message or Facebook instant message. 

Best Wishes,

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

GSteele
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Jon K,

I tried reaching out to Customer Support to remove an old shipping address by clicking on the Contact link and sending a message on Facebook but both links do not give the option to remove old shipping addresses.  I tried "Managing my addresses" on my profile but the address does not show up there.  I have never ordered from this seller before so don't know where else they would have gotten that address from.  Although this particular purchase has been sorted out, I really don't want the same error to happen again where an incorrect shipping address is automatically pulled from Paypal.  Until I can ensure that no other addresses but the ones that show up on my profile will be used, I am hesitant to order through Paypal again.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.