Shaw academy

Badger1961
Contributor
Contributor

My daughter was scammed by shaw academy, she cancelled a free trial within the time but they took money saying she re started membership. PayPal don’t want to know, had this happened to anyone else. Thought I could trust PayPal ?

Login to Me Too
44 REPLIES 44

ml1991
Contributor
Contributor

They are known to never reply. However, I got confirmation of deletion and subscription cancellation. These are the emails that worked <removed> cancel privacy <removed> <removed> I Used the email subject: REQUEST TO CANCEL SUBSCRIPTION AND DELETE SHAW ACADEMY ACCOUNT They are known to unexpectedly reopening accounts though so make sure you change your primary email and the password to your PayPal account after you’ve remove Shaw Academy UK in your pre-existing payments. So far so good but will update on more details.

Login to Me Too

NewHorizoons
New Community Member

Any updates? I've also had a run in with shaw... My first class was due to start today, and when I logged in, there was a red button to open the class and a green button next to it that simply said class toolkit. I clicked on it out of curiosity and £39.95 was instantly taken out of my paypal! NOWHERE was it made apparent that the button was a non-refundable one-click purchase! I've receievd a reply to my complaint telling me it's non-refundable !

On my paypal it's classified as a "pre-approved payment" which is simply incorrect. They used my paypal details that are set up for the subscription (which I have cancelled fingers crossed it stays that way!) to simply take money without asking. I reported this to paypal and they've said it's legit somehow?? £40 is a lot of money to me...

Login to Me Too

ml1991
Contributor
Contributor
No money has been taken out of my account when I took them off my pre-existing payments. Unfortunately, you’ll find that a lot of people are in the same situation as you and it’ll be hard to get that money back. Just find the Instagram pages and YouTube calling out their scam for more answers. First thing you need to do is to make sure you remove them from your pre-existing payment as they will no doubt start getting more payments out of nowhere like many others. Getting money back I haven’t tried but you’ll find your answers in the places I suggested.
Login to Me Too

Annap123
Contributor
Contributor
I’ve had my request for help with Shaw Academy rejected but I think PayPal need to help with this company as they are a scam. We need to go public and make people aware but It needs to be a lot of people to make it work. Instagram look up #shawacademy.scam
Login to Me Too

RJ189

@Annap123 I was able to claim my refund from them, I followed suggestions from IG account #Shaw Academy Scam.

If you write a Bad review on Trust Pilot, they will immediately contact you.

I am trying to reach out to PayPal and register these as scam company, but no luck so far.

Login to Me Too

dmorales2400
Contributor
Contributor

I turned automatic payments off, and that set my PayPal status with the to 'inactive'. Am I safe from further charges?

Login to Me Too

Lisi20
Contributor
Contributor
Not you’re NOT !! PayPal will still trying to take your money like me !
Login to Me Too

dmorales2400
Contributor
Contributor

I submitted a complaint through the Better Business Bureau two days ago, detailing my issue and grievances with Shaw Academy and my desired result. They got back to me this morning with a message from Shaw that they will refund my money within 4-5 business days!

I'm definitely going to wait to make sure I get the money before I close the ticket, but I'm really grateful to the BBB for their support and super fast response. Try going through them, if you have an issue.

Login to Me Too

SamanthaB2020
Contributor
Contributor
Same thing has happened to me, I don’t know what to do, I’m not getting any reply from them. they’ve taken £49 times two out of my bank account I’ve lost my job I have no money they have just taken everything for me. What can we do?
Login to Me Too

RJ189

@SamanthaB2020 - please write a Bad review on Trust Pilot, they will immediately contact you. Check out IG page #Shaw Academy Scam.

I am a victim of their ploy and have successfully claimed my refund today. I am trying to reach out to PayPal and register these as scam company, but no luck so far.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.