Shaw academy

Badger1961
Contributor
Contributor

My daughter was scammed by shaw academy, she cancelled a free trial within the time but they took money saying she re started membership. PayPal don’t want to know, had this happened to anyone else. Thought I could trust PayPal ?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Badger1961 

Check if you had a subscription set up...
Click on the profile tab (icon next to log out) > Click on payments third option along on the thick blue band top of page > "manage pre-approved payments''.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
44 REPLIES 44
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Badger1961 

Check if you had a subscription set up...
Click on the profile tab (icon next to log out) > Click on payments third option along on the thick blue band top of page > "manage pre-approved payments''.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

wisdom_hope
New Community Member

I was really worried after taking the "free trial." I never recieved an email confirmation after spending 10 minutes on the phone with the automated cancellation (which was really trying to get me to stay). I'm so glad I found a thread for this. I changed my password and cancelled Shaw Academy off PayPal, so I really hope it works out. I guess now i'll really do my research for sketchy ads. 

Login to Me Too

petraZ
Contributor
Contributor
I have exactly the same problem. Canceled pre aproved payment and as it is 'pending' on my account I have also raised issue with paypal 'unauthorized transaction'. Hope they can stop it. If not I will get my bank on it as soom as it goes through/if it goes through
Login to Me Too

Bserranoort
Contributor
Contributor
I have not only a bad experience with Shaw Academy, but also with paypal. I am starting to think they are covering them... I joined the 30 days free trial and, as soon as I saw the toolkit price, I canceled. Then I received some phone callas offering me to rejoin and get it for free during this period...I accepted snd did it by the link in email STATING that. They charged me £50 withought showing me any window from 2 -steps payment process. I am sure the transaction was processed on the back, nog visible to me. I reported it to Paypal and they changed the reason for case to "i didnt received my product" and then, closed on their favour as it was "delivered" the product. The transaction is processed as part of the subscription instead of a purchase, so they do not have to justify anything to Paypal... I have complained to Paypal, requested copy of conversations and they are "ignoring me". I can see the case being deleted as well, just 3 weeks later.. I am starting to think they are associated somehow. It is not normal. And of course, after canceling TWICE in November, when I spoke to the customer service in Dec, I was told I just had 1 pre approved payments agrreement with "Shaw Academy"
Login to Me Too

Atinus16
Did you get any help or refund yet? I had exactly the same situation
Login to Me Too

mpujol1978
Contributor
Contributor
Exactly the same thing happened to me. I have been battling with paypal since 13th January. Complained, and basically got told that their decision is final stop emailing! Shocking that it is so easy to find 100s of complaints about Shaw Academy, and the dodgy dealings via paypal and can't get my money back
Login to Me Too

AXA2021AXA
I am the latest victim of Shaw Academy lost $49.99 Paypal must ban Shaw Academy.
Login to Me Too

ml1991
Contributor
Contributor
Hi there, Has the solution that was given worked? I have cancelled my pre-existing payment with Shaw Academy but am still worried that in a month’s time I will be fraudulently told that I re-subscribed. I will never ever subscribe again after reading all of the experiences people have had. Absolutely terrible.
Login to Me Too

Yazziie_xx
Contributor
Contributor
I signed up today and wanted to cancel immediately And Shaw Academy wouldn’t cancel! So I’ve stopped the subscription too! Hopefully it will work.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.