Sent payment to

moffittariel
New Community Member

I sent a payment to the wrong person. They are willing to send it back but paypal charged me a fee..

Is there anyway to get a full refund or have that fee waived?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@moffittariel

No.

However, you can refund the payment they sent you (as it looks like they sent you a payment, instead of issuing a refund within the original payment transaction details) and PayPal will deduct 30 cents from you to refund. Then instruct the person to go back into the original payment by clicking it and click "Refund this payment" and enter the entire amount you sent. They will be charged the small flat rate portion of the PayPal fee to refund which is 30 cents if they are also in the US.

But email the person first and tell them what's is up and that you are refunding the payment as PayPal charged you PayPal fee to receive this money back and then instruct them them go back to the original transaction by clicking it and click "Refund this payment". Enter the entire amount originally to them sent minus the 30 cents so they aren't charged that and submit/click OK, etc to properly issue you a refund without fees.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@moffittariel

edited.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.