Sent money to a non existent email. Money is now stuck

Fil5
Contributor
Contributor

Hey,

I've sent money to a non existing email account via paypal. I quickly cancelled the payment and now my refund is stuck in pending. Its been over a week and the funds have been taken out of my card. I was wondering what is my next move?

Thanks in advance (Screenshots provided)

https://prnt.sc/p97qj7

https://prnt.sc/p97qow

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_AshleyM

Hey @Fil5,

I'm sorry to hear about the delay in your refund. It sounds like this may have actually been a transfer from a bank account instead of a payment using a card. Is this correct? If so, the transfer from the bank would have already been initiated, and there wouldn't have been a way to cancel it. This would mean the transfer would process into your PayPal balance directly. If this isn't the case, and your card was charged, it's possible the refund is still being processed. These refunds can take up to 30 days to reflect on your card's statement. I hope this helps!

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

PayPal_AshleyM

Hey @Fil5,

I'm sorry to hear about the delay in your refund. It sounds like this may have actually been a transfer from a bank account instead of a payment using a card. Is this correct? If so, the transfer from the bank would have already been initiated, and there wouldn't have been a way to cancel it. This would mean the transfer would process into your PayPal balance directly. If this isn't the case, and your card was charged, it's possible the refund is still being processed. These refunds can take up to 30 days to reflect on your card's statement. I hope this helps!

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.