Sent a payment to a seller on Selly.gg for an item, Pending Payment.

V_rtual
Contributor
Contributor

I have purchased products from other people (through send money ) and many Selly.gg sellers and i have never had this happen to me before. Usually, whenever you purchase products from other people, the payment goes through right away, the seller recieves the money, and you get your product, and we're all good. same goes for Selly.gg purchases. You send the money for the product and then product will be sent to your email right away, Except for this time. I purchased a product from the seller and i go through the payment process. Now, what should have happened was that i would receive an email with the product info in it right after, instead, i received this, "Your recent PayPal order has been received, but PayPal has notified us that the payment is pending. Once PayPal clears the payment, we will automatically process the order and deliver the purchased product to your email" and "The reason specified by PayPal is the raw reason they provide to us, we have no further explanation as to why/when it will be processed." As i said earlier, I don't know why this is happening to me. It has never happened before. If i go to the activity page it just shows the payment, the amount i paid, and the status being "payment", but listed in the pending section. But if i go to my summary, it is listed as "pending payment, with "pending" in a green font with a box around it. There's no cancel option either so I can't cancel the payment. I'd like to know why this is happening, if there is a fix for it, or what I should do. Thank you.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@V_rtual

Does it give you a clearance date?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

V_rtual
Contributor
Contributor

No. I dont see anything talking about a clearance date on the transaction details page. 

The seller just messaged me saying that he needs a bank and he doesn't have one. Not too sure what he's talking about. Maybe its about accepting the pending payment? idk.

I used a visa debit card, by the way.

I searched up "paypal clearing date" and this is what i found. Could this be the reason? "

Paypal payment time to clear
Pending - A debit card purchase can be Pending because of these reasons: It takes between 1-5 days for funds to move from your PayPal account to the merchant. The merchant uses the hold as an authorization as is the case when you check into a hotel."
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.