Sent Money on Accident

joannetsen
Contributor
Contributor

It was my first time transacting on PayPal, I wasn't sure how it works neither did the seller. However I sent a little amount thinking it would have a confirmation at the end before actually sending(I wanted to see if it would show the conversion fee) but it just sent right away. The payment was allegedly claimed by the seller because it was on a pending status, and now it's not. Is there any way I could retrieve the money?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@joannetsen 

Tell the seller to click on the transaction and use the refund option bottom of that paypal page.

However if you sent it using goods/services he may have to top up the amount to do a full refund as paypal no longer return the fee part of the payment he was charged when you paid.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

joannetsen
Contributor
Contributor

The seller can't use the refund option because apparently the amount I sent was little(as I was just attempting PayPal transaction for the first time), the system deducted the whole amount I sent as the service charge on the seller's side.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.