Sending source funding not selecting paypal balance

BeshoyTamry
Contributor
Contributor
I am trying to send money to another paypal account from my paypal balance and it asks for funding source and the only option is a card or banck accout. I also tryied to select paypal balance as preferred payment method and it said I can't slelect this option. Any help?
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@BeshoyTamry

One possibility is that the merchant requires a billing agreement to establish the payment. A billing agreement may require a card to be used in order to be established.

Another possibility is that the security system has determined that the bank cannot be used for this payment, or that a card specifically would be a safer method of payment.

OR

You can use funds in your paypal balance 'as long as' they are in the correct currency and not pending.

BUT for some transactions ie digital / virtual or higher risk AND at 'some point' anyway Paypal will ask you to add a card to act as a back up funding source and to verify your Paypal account.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@BeshoyTamry

One possibility is that the merchant requires a billing agreement to establish the payment. A billing agreement may require a card to be used in order to be established.

Another possibility is that the security system has determined that the bank cannot be used for this payment, or that a card specifically would be a safer method of payment.

OR

You can use funds in your paypal balance 'as long as' they are in the correct currency and not pending.

BUT for some transactions ie digital / virtual or higher risk AND at 'some point' anyway Paypal will ask you to add a card to act as a back up funding source and to verify your Paypal account.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.