Sending money

Evelynzarahy
Contributor
Contributor
If I have a not verified account, can I still send my money to another verified account?
Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Evelynzarahy 

Yes. However, unverified PayPal accounts may have certain spending/sending, receiving, withdrawal $ limits. To lift limitations, link a bank account to verify your account.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Evelynzarahy
Contributor
Contributor
So I already linked my 2nd account and I put instant verify. I went to check if I could get the shipping label to deliver my item but it’s telling me I can’t because my account isn’t verified. First I had my not verified account connected to m depop (the app where I’m selling my item) and so the money went there. I have 2 payments that are on pending and they’re telling me to claim my money or else PayPal will send it back. I don’t know how to claim it if the account I used isn’t verified. So I want to see how I can ship the item and how I can send the money to the other verified account
Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Evelynzarahy 

The money will go back if you do not or can not verify the PayPal account the money is in. You can tell the buyer that the money will be returned to them because you cannot access or claim that money. You can ask them to resend payment to your verified PayPal account and you can process the order from verified PayPal account again. Or, just cancel the order and tell them the money will be returned on the date PayPal said.

*If the money cannot be accepted by verifying the account, you cannot transfer it anywhere, it will go back to the sender.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Jil013
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee
Hi @Evelynzarahy

Thank you for raising your concern through our community forum.

There are a few reasons why your money might be pending/ unclaimed.

A payment might be pending because:
1. You haven't confirmed the email address where the money is sent.
2. You haven't confirmed your bank account.

If your payment is unclaimed/pending for 30 days or your payment was denied or refunded, it will be refunded back to the sender.

Hope this helps. Stay safe!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.