cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sending money using family and friends with sufficient paypal balance, asked to pay remaining fee?

SOLVED

Sending money using family and friends with sufficient paypal balance, asked to pay remaining fee?

Hello I want to send money using family and friends, however, I am being asked to pay the remaining fee with my credit card even when I have the sufficint amount in my PayPal balance. I want to pay $27.00 USD which is converted into $36.60 CAD, and my PayPal balance is $36.64 CAD. I tried to remove my credit card but was rejected due to the card being used for "current payments". I was wondering if there is an HST tax applied to PayPal? Or is there any way I can remove my credit card to pay? Thank you.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Volunteer Advisor

Re: Sending money using family and friends with sufficient paypal balance, asked to pay remaining fe

@snurtles28

If you are using funds in your Paypal balance then they have to be in the correct currency that the receiver accepts.

Psypsl however will convert a payment made from your bank account or card.

Advice is voluntarily given.
Kudos / Solution appreciated if I helped you.
2 REPLIES
Volunteer Advisor

Re: Sending money using family and friends with sufficient paypal balance, asked to pay remaining fe

@snurtles28

If you are using funds in your Paypal balance then they have to be in the correct currency that the receiver accepts.

Psypsl however will convert a payment made from your bank account or card.

Advice is voluntarily given.
Kudos / Solution appreciated if I helped you.

Yeah, I was searching for more solutions and ran into yours. I changed the currency from CAD to USD, which I now have $27.17 USD. I still want to send $27.00 USD via family and friends, but PayPal is still making me use my credit card for the remaining price (??) and i can’t remove it because it says that it’s in payment processing. I emailed PayPal earlier and haven’t received a response yet, but the community says the email team isn’t entirely reliable. I have also tried calling them, but I’m being held on a 2 hour call back hold.