Sending money to friends or family

Hev997
New Community Member

Hello everybody,

How can I send money to friends or family? The only option I have is "Paying for an item or service"!

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Intars

Hi @Hev997,

Welcome to the community forum and thanks for posting.

If an option to send money to friends and family is not available, it sounds like you have yet to link and confirm your debit or credit card to your PayPal account. Linking and confirming your debit or credit card helps protect your account:

• It increases security within the PayPal community.
  • It confirms your identity and verifies that you own the card associated with your PayPal account.
  • It limits the risk of stolen credit cards and fake identities.

When you link your card to your account, you're authorizing PayPal to charge a small amount to that card. PayPal generates a unique random code that shows on your card statement. Only the legitimate owner of the card has access to the statement. For this reason, this process limits the risk connected with stolen credit cards and fake identities. Click here for more information on how to link and confirm your card. Please note that we’ve had to stop allowing personal payments to be sent to and from India. If you’re sending money for a personal payment to India, we ask that you find another way to pay until we’re able to restore personal payments to this area.

-Intars

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.