Sending money to a friend

Poolandgolf
Contributor
Contributor

I requested PayPal to send money to a number no longer in service.  How can I cancel that?  If not, what happens next?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Anonymous_User
Not applicable

Check the status of the transaction:-

* If it says "unclaimed" and the "cancel" button is active, you can cancel the transaction.

* If you cannot cancel the transaction and the payment remains unclaimed for 30 days - PayPal will automatically return the funds to the you.

* If the payment status is Completed, you would need to ask the recipient to do a refund.   You’ll find the recipient's contact information on the Transaction Details page.

* If the payment status is Completed and the recipient cannot be contacted, your next step would be to open a dispute in the Resolution Center.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

Anonymous_User
Not applicable

Check the status of the transaction:-

* If it says "unclaimed" and the "cancel" button is active, you can cancel the transaction.

* If you cannot cancel the transaction and the payment remains unclaimed for 30 days - PayPal will automatically return the funds to the you.

* If the payment status is Completed, you would need to ask the recipient to do a refund.   You’ll find the recipient's contact information on the Transaction Details page.

* If the payment status is Completed and the recipient cannot be contacted, your next step would be to open a dispute in the Resolution Center.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.