cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sending money from PayPal to Venmo

SOLVED

Re: Sending money from PayPal to Venmo

And what about the reverse? Sending money to Paypal from Venmo? I can't find answers on Paypal about this. I don't want to get another app with all its corresponding risks and password challenges when I've already got Paypal. It should work. Pay for the developers to do this. Maybe paypal is going to go away? Does it philosophically link with Millenials? Post-Millenials? Is it written in another programming language?

This is really not an acceptable solution. It requires the use of venmo, the linking of accounts, and higher risk in a cyber market that seems to be constantly under attack. A solution is using Paypal, not venmo, to pay venmo. So the question is now that we are in 2018, is there an actual solution for this problem?

I have a PayPal cash card. This is linked to a Wells Fargo account. Linking venmo to this account doesn't do anything. Furthermore, I have lost my paypal card, and cannot activate my venmo card because "one is already in use". So, in this case, linking the account does not work, and you cannot have a PayPal and venmo card either at the same time or linked to the same account(not sure which yet).
Tags (1)
Highlighted

So basically what you are saying is open a venmo account, correct? 

New Community Member

If you have the PayPal MasterCard debit card, which spends from your PayPal balance, then save yourself days of waiting for funds transfers and just ***fund your Venmo transaction with the PayPal MasterCard debit card***.
Contributor

@SamClemenswrote:
If you have the PayPal MasterCard debit card, which spends from your PayPal balance, then save yourself days of waiting for funds transfers and just ***fund your Venmo transaction with the PayPal MasterCard debit card***.

I do have a PayPal debit card but they charge you to use it (both to "load it" by downloading money from your PayPal account to use it for payments and to use it to withdraw from your PayPal balance using an ATM.

New Community Member

PAYPAL, FIX THIS! I don't want to sign up for venmo because i have paypal. You already have my information. 

Tags (2)
Contributor

I agree! Please fix this! Doesn't seem like much to ask from a consumer's stand point. Two products under the same umbrella should be able to talk to each other. I want to send funds from my Paypal to a friend's Venmo. Now I have to go through the hassel of installing the Venmo app, setting it up, just to send one payment then uninstall Venmo. What a headache.

New Community Member

I guess I'll be switching to venmo.
Contributor

Im going through the sane thing maybe if there is a app where all the money or cash is linked online. An app that links the cash apps together. isn't it an idea but im not sure thats invented yet until.....