Sending money fee free

Designpurchaser
Contributor
Contributor

I am told that I can send money fee free to family but I can't do it...why? Please help.

Login to Me Too
59 REPLIES 59

akyz

send my money pleas 

Login to Me Too

davemc80
Contributor
Contributor
I just sent money through friend and family and it charged the recepiant. Why? Why can’t I transfer money from one account to anaother without fees.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@davemc80 

It would help if you said what country you are in and what country the recipient was in / how you funded the paypal payment / what currencies were involved.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

davemc80
Contributor
Contributor
I am in the United States so was the recepiant.The money was send from my paypal balance. It was US currency. It was sent by the friends and Family option on PayPal.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@davemc80 

Then you shouldn't have been charged a fee, a fee would only have been charged if you had used a credit card.

If you are sure you used the friends / family option and not the goods / services by mistake then contact customer services and query it for a refund.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

davemc80
Contributor
Contributor
Sorry for the double post, I didn’t think it went through. I wasn’t charged a fee. The recepiant was. I sent him $680.00 And they charged him $20.00 and some change.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@davemc80 

Yes i appreciate that which is why i refer you to my second sentence.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

davemc80
Contributor
Contributor
I am in the US and so was the recepiant. The funds were sent from my paypal cash balance and it was sent by friends and family in us currentcy
Login to Me Too

chongvuichung
Contributor
Contributor
I am from Malaysia, is that mean I have to transfer my bank money to PayPal account wallet before I use PayPal to send the money to my parents for free?
Login to Me Too

PayPal_JonK

Hello @chongvuichung,

Thank you for reaching out! Unfortunately, personal payments are not available for domestic payments in your country. You can send goods and service payments and fund them directly from your bank or credit card, but normal goods and service payment fees would apply.

Have a great day!

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.